LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Dude, give me your tots!"
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a set of the heated seat switches. I need the whole ashtray thing and the wires behind. I added leather seats and bought some heated seat cores on ebay and want to add the factory switches. Just let me know if you guys got one or know of a junk yard that has them.. I have seen a few on ebay for 25 bucks and now there are none anywhere to be found.

·
LX Padiwan
1,156 Posts

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick help. I was hoping not to spend 85 bucks plus shipping though. I have seen them go on ebay for like 25 bucks plus shipping and I didnt bid which I should have and now there are none listed on there. I am trying to ask some people that have alot of magnum/charger/300c parts but no response yet.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
You might want to look into this... the seats are controlled via CAN... I'm pretty sure the switches are momentary and just send a 'change state' signal to the car... in other words, they won't control anything without going through the CAN. Maybe you figured that part out though... just wanted to mention it before you spent the dough.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was scared of that. I was hoping to just hack the switch and use it with the after market wires and hard wire it and by pass the Can Bus. This Can bus makes it hard to do anything. I tried to add the steering wheel switches to my SXT and coudnt due to the Steering wheel control module not support the signals. I think I would have better luck trying to bypass the can bus then trying to have the switches actually work but I will try to figure it out and let you guys know. I will go look at the wiring diagram now and thanks for letting me know this. I should ahve looked before even thinking they would work after my steering wheel control issue haha.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I I looked at the wiring diagram and I think I am going to have to wait and see what the wiring looks like on the after market heater cores. I assume they are probably close to the same as the factory but not sure. I hope I can buy the switchesn and just splice into the factory system if I dont think I can do this I will just use the aftermarket switches in the factory location although they wont look as clean but they look okay. If any of you know if this can be done let me know. I know there are options to turn this on in Star Scan but not sure the actual wiring part since i ma not using all OEM stuff.

·
05 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT
4,039 Posts
Hey bguild, lemme know what you find out. I need the bezel surrounding the ashtray and heated seat swiches. Scratched mine up during my nav install. Pew.

not trying to steal your thread, just lemme know what you find out, okay?

·
24,673 Posts
It'd be (fairly) easy to install them stand-alone, but I don't think the stock switches will work. Maybe Just a nice lighted toggle, or if they're multi-position (high and low heat settings), a nice rotary knob????? If you end up having to go that route, I can recommend some really sexxxy guitar knobs that'll compliment the interior :) I hope I'm wrong though... maybe the switches do hold their 'position'. I doubt it, as one button cycles through high-low-off and is reset to off when the car is shut off.

·
24,673 Posts
dammit mighty_noid, i might have nightmares about that page!!!

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So can anyone tell me if they hold there position (the switch that is) Like a on off state? If they dont any body know if I can hard why into were the factory heater cores wire in under the seat and add the factory switches and actuivate them with star scan? I know my car can come with the leather seats and heated so I assume it could be added somehow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.