LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,921 Posts
I'd consider it as such... If we said it was ok, then it opens the doors to all kinds of stuff being flogged on here. That's what eBay's for!

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately that would be considered an advertisement Darth. If you were to become a supporting vendor, no problem. But I'm not sure that makes sense given this audience.

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
Hey CV, I agree, sure wish I had kept the purple bike I had just like that one though!!

What is caption with your new Avatar??

·
Gone Fishing
1,272 Posts
Restoring a bike like that could cost you a couple grand. I was talking to a guy a few weeks ago who restored one for his son, Rear brake rotor cost him a few hundred another couple hundred for a sissy bar. Insane money.

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
IS that a Lemon Crate?

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts
So it was Apple Crate, Orange Crate, Lemon Peeler? Did this one have the slick for a rear tire too?

Those were the hottest bikes imaginable when I was in grade school:) Schwinn had the SRT's of the bicycle world back then!

Don

·
'waste of skin'
12,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GasGunR said:
So it was Apple Crate, Orange Crate, Lemon Peeler? Did this one have the slick for a rear tire too?

Those were the hottest bikes imaginable when I was in grade school:) Schwinn had the SRT's of the bicycle world back then!

Don
Lemon Peeler= Yellow
Orange Krate= Orange
Pea Picker = Campus Green
Cotton Picker= White
Grey Ghost = Silver
Apple Krate= Candy apple red

·
Fn eh Cotton, fn eh
204 Posts
That is funny, I had basically the same bike but I guess a few model years newer, I am 31. It had the slick on the back, 5 on the floor. Yellow glittery banana seat. My brother had the orange one with the 5 on the column. No drum brakes for either bike, they had regular calipers at that time.

·
Massholio
317 Posts
Boomer market power

You can still get `em, low $300s for single speed, low $500s for 5 speed.

http://www.schwinnbike.com/products/bikes_category.php?id=85

Nice Marketspeak:
<<<16" Front Wheel with 20" x 2.125" Sting-Ray Slik in back lays down righteous skids>>>

"Sorry dude, that was a most UNrighteous skid!"

I also had a Sears copy, 5 speed with lights on the sissy bar, around 1970.
Don't recall the chain guard being cool like that one in the picture!
Some [email protected] swiped it so I didn't have it long.
Sniff sniff, no LoJack for bikes back then!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.