LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my main worry about getting tinted tails is that i'll be pulled over for a cop not being able to notice my brake lights, or someone rear ending me for the same reason...

would it be possible to upgrade to brighter taillights bulbs to make up for the tint on the tails?

·
2006 Mag SRT Owner
13,441 Posts

·
Wish you the best BigBob
2,207 Posts
I believe there are reverse lights that are extremely bright and they are ERF wedge bulbs I think.
There is a thread floating around with the website that sells them but they are sold out.

·
LX Padiwan
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GasGunR said:
I bought a set of these http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=27694 and am very satisfied with them. They are at least as bright as the stock bulbs and look awesome.

Don
charger :banana:
nautcasprt6 said:
I believe there are reverse lights that are extremely bright and they are ERF wedge bulbs I think.
There is a thread floating around with the website that sells them but they are sold out.
well im really more concerned about brake lights than reverse...

·
Wish you the best BigBob
2,207 Posts
shrinkydinx said:
charger :banana: well im really more concerned about brake lights than reverse...
OO, sorry, i thought u were talkin about the reverse lights.
For the brake lights, I bought the Tower Light Bulbs from www.autolumination.com
Keep in mind they are bright, but not as bright if i did not have tinted taillights.

Taillights with our brakes at night

Taillights with brakes on at night

Tailights with brake in day

Taillights without brakes on

Hope this is what you were looking for.
And if your interested, I got the bulbs in red, not white.

·
Premium Member
10,447 Posts

Just had to show them off, you need to get some LED tails because during the day you can barely see my taillights but you know I never get hassle by the cops about it so that is good.

·
LX Padiwan
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nautcasprt6 said:
Hope this is what you were looking for.
And if your interested, I got the bulbs in red, not white.
sounds good... does the charger use? the same bulbs?

do you have daytime pics with the lights off? what tint is that, light/medium/dark?

·
LX Padiwan
386 Posts
Hey Nautca,

What lvl of tint is that? It looks good, not too dark. LED tails look okay, but these look great, & not having the reverse lense smoked was a good call. Did u use the supporting vendor or take it to a local tint shop. any info would help, thx.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I love the tint on both those rides... but I would be worried about either a ticket (esp on the Magnum) or being rear-ended. Especially during the day time. Its no good to check your brake lights at night for brightness,,, its during the day thats important. Dark tint is great for show cars.

Up here we do have a section of the Hiway Traffic Act the specifies the distance your tail light must be seen at. The wasy people drive these days, I'm not sure I'd run too dark a tint (it looks kewl) but I want to be seen. LED bulbs definately arent bright enough and putting a brighter bulb in would worry me about melting the housing with being on more in the evening (running lights).

ps... yes i do run tinted tails... a mild tint though

·
Wish you the best BigBob
2,207 Posts
Hey Nautca,

What lvl of tint is that? It looks good, not too dark. LED tails look okay, but these look great, & not having the reverse lense smoked was a good call. Did u use the supporting vendor or take it to a local tint shop. any info would help, thx.
Thanks for the feedback.
I got them from http://www.jonstintedtails.com a while back and I told him I wanted them dark enough just to cover the red which he did.
He said it was a Med/Dark tint.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.