LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
05 Magnum 6.1L Pro Street
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been in the car business for a long time, so i've met alot of people, made alot of aquaintances and know alot of people. This guy I met a good 12 years (he knew my father though the business) ago that had a 85 Pro street full size 1500 regular cab short bed truck with a RADICAL 454 in it, all tubbed out, a truck that I never forgot.

He came to my work today - got wind of the magnum that I was building - took the time to go to the body shop that is doing the work, and then come to my work today to shake my hand. I got chills up my spine - this guy has built some of the most bad ass hot rods - award winning, huge horse power rockin' monsters.

Hot rod guys rule - we shot the **** for a good hour - and I looked like I was talking to a customer so no one bothered me - it ruled!!!! He told me it took "balls" to cut a brand new car in 1/2 and he loved it. He then asked me what I was going to do to smolder those new giant rear 20" rims - I threw a few idea's at him, he threw a few at me. This guy was old school - he's forgotten more about hot rodding than i'll ever remember.

But I thought that was bad ass, through the channel's of Pro Street cars my name / car came up & he went investigating - he had to see it for himself.

:bling: Now I just have to get like 600 HP to make him happy :rock:

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
magnumdude said:
Cool old rodders rule....howzabout an update with some pics?
I got a cingular phone w/ some pics in it - I didn't have my camera on me last weekend.

Lets just say - Although there not the 20" rims - the 15"x15" wide rims set under the 1/4 panels of the car is enough to make you visit the mens room as you will be so worked up over it. I have the rear end to the exact measurements from currie enterprises I think it was, with the rims & tires under the car hand tight to the rear end is orgasmic.

the front end is slammed, so my ride height is on point, we set the latter bars down & laid this baby on the floor. It's so hot you guys should be paying me for pictures.

·
Is it hot in here or is it just me?
2,080 Posts
With a rig like you have planned, I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of folks knew about this ride and are as anxious as you to see it completed! I must say that it kicks a$$ that you would even attempt this. And as for visiting the men's room, I had to do that when you showed the tires themselves, so I'd probably pass out after seeing what you just described to us!:not_worth

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fireman512 said:
With a rig like you have planned, I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of folks knew about this ride and are as anxious as you to see it completed! I must say that it kicks a$$ that you would even attempt this. And as for visiting the men's room, I had to do that when you showed the tires themselves, so I'd probably pass out after seeing what you just described to us!:not_worth
oh man, you have no idea. The car is sitting on some of the multi "rip" 15x15" rims with some mickey thompson street ET's. That car with the GIANT dish and GIANT tire. ITs like DCX facked up and should have done this car from the factory. My lap top is rising off my lap. I really told NO ONE about the car when I started it, and Hot rod guys & car guys from everyone are asking me what im doing. I keep it vauge. "just wait, you'll see". Yeah, you'll see me smoke off $1,500 dollars worth of rear tires :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Wait till the next series of pics - i'll have to pass out virtual tissues

·
GOMAB
666 Posts
Jay,

I just want you to know that I respect what Chrgum is doing, but I just CAN"T wait for your ride to be done. I am a big pro street fan and until the Magnum I was all about Chevy. I would do anything to have a different car like the Magnum pro streeted. I just went to the Car Craft Magazine Car Show and as much as I love all muscle cars I could have used a break from 69 Camaros, 70 Chevelles and Corvetes. Your Pro Street Magnum is needed in the streets soon!!!!!

Good luck! :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth

·
Is it hot in here or is it just me?
2,080 Posts
Pass the :popcorn:!!!

·
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
06 RT Hearse said:
Jay,

I just want you to know that I respect what Chrgum is doing, but I just CAN"T wait for your ride to be done. I am a big pro street fan and until the Magnum I was all about Chevy. I would do anything to have a different car like the Magnum pro streeted. I just went to the Car Craft Magazine Car Show and as much as I love all muscle cars I could have used a break from 69 Camaros, 70 Chevelles and Corvetes. Your Pro Street Magnum is needed in the streets soon!!!!!

Good luck! :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth :not_worth
your telling me!!! My frist car was a big block Pro Street blown 80 El Camino that was nasty, my current Pro Street S10 that RIPS - and I had to do something NEW. Like a year or 2 old. NO one is a bigger fan of the 67-69 camaro's, "G" body GM's, 94-96 Impala SS's, 70 Chevelle SS's (big block) - I had to do something do different, and so radical - that someone would remember my name. Why I didn't do a screen name, but my real name. Im real, my car is real (real expensive lol). I WILL MAKE A MAGAZINE, and it will smoke my bank account!!! Is guys like you that keep me going, thanks alot man. Picture the car done, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!

·
GOMAB
666 Posts
Jay Carnes said:
Picture the car done, OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
All I could think about at that car show was that an a$$ loud Magnum with a huge cam, just rocking it, with enough HP and torque to need a chute and wheelie bars.

I am picturing it man!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.