LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Daytona.

Multi-function switch was previously replaced for a different reason, but the problem with the wipers was there prior to that being done.

Wipers not returning to park position.

Wiper motor ground?

Replace wiper motor?

Replace bushings?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's a parking circuit in the motor... or some such. Mine was doing that for most of a year before the motor was replaced. Now it works as it should. Easy job, wasn't a half hour and most of that was cleaning.

edit to add: The wiper linkage (transmission) didn't get any thought before installing the motor, but should have. It seemed fine, tight, no slop... but lifting off the bench to install, found bits of plastic... brittle with age. Likely be many years before any functional trouble, but for another $50... would have sooner had a whole new assembly. Just a thought

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a parking circuit in the motor... or some such. Mine was doing that for most of a year before the motor was replaced. Now it works as it should. Easy job, wasn't a half hour and most of that was cleaning.

edit to add: The wiper linkage (transmission) didn't get any thought before installing the motor, but should have. It seemed fine, tight, no slop... but lifting off the bench to install, found bits of plastic... brittle with age. Likely be many years before any functional trouble, but for another $50... would have sooner had a whole new assembly. Just a thought
You think like I do! Ordering up the motor and either the bushing, or a new assembly. Getting this car back to life after sitting a year has been a bit of fun.

I appreciate the response, thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts