LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LX Owners of Waterloo Region Member
309 Posts
I had the pop on my '05 SXT.
I was going to get the dealer to do the TSB fix but had heard on the forum from others that had the TSB fix done which cured the pop, but then started getting rattles in the dash after the fix.

I didn't get ther TSB done and now, with about 15,000 Km on the car, the pop seems to have gone away on it's own. I haven't had it happen for a couple of months now.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
05SXT said:
I had the pop on my '05 SXT.
I was going to get the dealer to do the TSB fix but had heard on the forum from others that had the TSB fix done which cured the pop, but then started getting rattles in the dash after the fix.

I didn't get ther TSB done and now, with about 15,000 Km on the car, the pop seems to have gone away on it's own. I haven't had it happen for a couple of months now.
Could be the weather. Mine only does it once is a blue moon when the weather is warm. When it is cold, it would do it every morning.

I had the TSB done on Monday, but it will be awhile before I can confirm it worked.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
IllicitMagnum666 said:
What is this POP you guys/gals are talking about???
It basically sounds like your windshield just got hit with a rock and cracked.

·
Sold Mag in summer '07, ready SRT8
1,237 Posts
I have been getting that recently too. I was kind of worried about it. But it makes since that its weather related. Its been uncharacteristically hot here in Bakersfield ~ 110 during the day and ~90's for a low.

·
~~~~~~~~~
962 Posts
Yesterday morning I developed a new tick/creaking noise that sounds like it is coming from the windshield/dash area. I hear it constantly at low speeds and it doesn't increase/decrease when driving over bumps. I also live in California and I think this latest heat wave did a number on the glue/sealers/rubber seals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.