LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Custom Ice Cream Eater
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've put some rims and tires on order and I was wondering if they will stick out past the fender or will they tuck when lowered?

Specs: 265/35/22 with a 12mm offset. 22/9.5's all the way around

The place I ordered them from said they won't stick out but I just want to be sure I'm not waiting for a disappointment (been a month, should be hitting the doc from China this week).

·
LX Padiwan
657 Posts
With a 12mm offset, they won't stick out. They will fully come out to the outer edge of the fender lip, however, which looks right in my opinion.

As you lower the car, the wheels always tuck in. You'll be happy with the results.

·
Custom Ice Cream Eater
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
VanillaRT4me said:
With a 12mm offset, they won't stick out. They will fully come out to the outer edge of the fender lip, however, which looks right in my opinion.

As you lower the car, the wheels always tuck in. You'll be happy with the results.
Awesome! thanks Vanilla!! Now, if those people from China would just hurry up with my order!!! Lol!!

·
LX Padiwan
1,755 Posts
EvilEeyore said:
Specs: 265/35/22 with a 12mm offset. 22/9.5's all the way around
If we know that the SRT8 wheels are 20x9" with a 25mm offset, you can figure out exactly how much further the lip of your new wheels will be.

22x9.5 12mm offset = X
20x9 25mm offset = X +13mm (25 minus 12) + 1/4" (.5" divided by 2) = 19.35mm

It seems as if your outward edge of wheel will be just over 19mm (~3/4") out from where the SRT8 wheel lips would be. Take a look at an SRT8 for reference.

·
Custom Ice Cream Eater
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jg said:
If we know that the SRT8 wheels are 20x9" with a 25mm offset, you can figure out exactly how much further the lip of your new wheels will be.

22x9.5 12mm offset = X

It seems as if your outward edge of wheel will be just over 19mm (~3/4") out from where the SRT8 wheel lips would be. Take a look at an SRT8 for reference.
Thanks JG, I'l check them out and see what you're talkin' 'bout!

·
LX Padiwan
657 Posts
jg said:

22x9.5 12mm offset = X

For the tires, I come up with a difference of 25.7mm for the front and 20.6mm for the rear at stock height. (I assume that the rear stock wheel also has an offset of 25mm.)

·
LX Padiwan
1,755 Posts
VanillaRT4me said:
For the tires, I come up with a difference of 25.7mm for the front and 20.6mm for the rear at stock height. (I assume that the rear stock wheel also has an offset of 25mm.)
I guess I don't understand what you mean. Not only the difference front/rear, but typically the 265/35-22's barely cover the edge of a 9.5" rim. I must be missing something- can you explain?

The stock front and rear wheels on all LX vehicles are identical in size/offset/etc. The only place this changes is the summer 255/45-20 rear tire option on the SRT8's. Still, the same wheels at all 4 corners. The LX 18" aluminum wheels are all 18x7.5" 24mm offset, while all the SRT8 wheels are all 20x9" 25.5mm offset(goofed above).

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts
On 22 x 9.5 TIS 03's, I am running 18mm offset & 1 3/4 inch lowering with KW V1's. You will have no issues. :banana:

·
rest in peace dad
15,811 Posts
I am runnin 22 x 9.5 TIS 07's with the 18mm offset, got Universal Air Suspension and they tuck PERFECT!!! Wow just my link out where my signature is. Got some pics there.

·
LX Padiwan
657 Posts
jg said:
I guess I don't understand what you mean. Not only the difference front/rear, but typically the 265/35-22's barely cover the edge of a 9.5" rim. I must be missing something- can you explain?

The stock front and rear wheels on all LX vehicles are identical in size/offset/etc. The only place this changes is the summer 255/45-20 rear tire option on the SRT8's. Still, the same wheels at all 4 corners. The LX 18" aluminum wheels are all 18x7.5" 24mm offset, while all the SRT8 wheels are all 20x9" 25.5mm offset(goofed above).
JG,
The typical 265/35-22 size tire measures out to 10.6" and certain brands such as Dunlop, Toyo and Continental measure out to 10.7" in width. A 9.5" wheel usually is around or up to 10.5" in width overall.

So, I took the stock tire width on the R/T of roughly 9.4" and subtracted it from 10.6" for the 265/35-22 tire. Then, I added half of that to the difference in offset between the stock and aftermarket wheel and came up with 27.2mm as what the aftermarket tire/wheel combo will additionally protrude from the car.

For the SRT8, I would use tire widths of 9.8" front and 10.2" rear and the 25.5mm offset. Then, I would do the same calculations.

If I've got it wrong, please let me know because I'd not want to be giving out incorrect information. Thanks!

·
LX Padiwan
1,755 Posts
VanillaRT4me said:
...So, I took the stock tire width on the R/T of roughly 9.4" and subtracted it from 10.6" for the 265/35-22 tire. Then, I added half of that to the difference in offset between the stock and aftermarket wheel and came up with 27.2mm as what the aftermarket tire/wheel combo will additionally protrude from the car...
The comparison to the R/T is what threw me off. All makes sense now. :thumbs_u:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.