LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have to unhook the sat. recevier to make the new inline adapter work

all i need to know is where they hide the reciver so i can unplug it.

HELP

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly, (and that's a crapshoot!) it is in the inner left rear quarter panel, accessible by removing the inner trim panel(s) in the cargo area.

·
Premium Member
14,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the AAI-CHY thing and this is what its says

1. If the vehicle has both Satellite and VES, one of the devices will have to be disconnected in order for the AAI-CHY to work. The AAI-CHY will then emulate which ever device that is disconnected.

i have sat. and i need to disconnect it

·
Premium Member
26,921 Posts
Disconnect it at the back of the radio... You really don't want to pull all the trim off! The Sat plugs in the same way the Pac unit does...

Here's where the sat mounts on the Magnum.. Taillight on the left, speaker on the top right. Hopefully this gives you an idea of how buried it is!

·
Premium Member
14,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Jaak now i know where to go looking... LOL i have had it all apart like that once so it should not be so bad.

·
LX Padiwan
591 Posts
jaak said:
Disconnect it at the back of the radio... You really don't want to pull all the trim off! The Sat plugs in the same way the Pac unit does...
I'm not sure this will work... I may be wrong, but I believe that the SDAR unit takes it's can bus connection from some place else.. ( i.e. not from the plug at the radio )... If this is the case, you won't get audio, but you'll still have SDAR on the CAN bus, and thus.. the AAI-CHY won't work.. You'll still need to pull the trim and disconnect the SDAR unit...

LK

P.S.. I could be wrong.. I've been so before.. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.