LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
I don't know how widespread they are, but Qdoba is a favorite of mine.

Here in Springfield, we pretty much have the largest number of Chinese restaurants per capita. There's just about one on every corner.

The local dish is Cashew Chicken. Not to be confused with the original dish, Springfield-style cashew chicken has fried chicken chunks in an oyster sauce. According to the story, the chef who created the recipe wanted to tie into the regional love of "fried chicken and gravy".

What's neat is that each restaurant makes it differently (different sauce, different breading, etc), so each person has their favorite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cashew_chicken

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Duke_132 said:
Burger Time. Big burgers, Big fries, Big drinks! All cheap and all good!
I used to love Burger Time!

Reactions: 10K

·
'waste of skin'
12,186 Posts
I guess it would have to be Gilles Custard. Been there for 60 years of more and I can't think of anything in the greater Milwaukee area that would be unique,just franchises.

·
Thats no moon!
1,899 Posts
In Denver theres a small chain called Jim's Burger Haven that makes great burgers and onion rings. They also commonly have car club meets/shows in their parking lots. No idea how long they've been around but a while...

·
Thread Killer, Vote Stealer
2,983 Posts
Corpus Christi - hometown of Whataburger

moparman53 said:
Here's one that started in Texas and has spread to 9 other states. It started in 1950.
No question - the best fast food burgers in Texas. My first job was at Whataburger #299 on North Beach in Corpus Christi. I eat at Whataburger #3 probably once a week. I am loving the "A1 Thick & Hearty" burger right now! :not_worth I wish it was a permanent menu item.

BTW - they come with MUSTARD (lest we forget which condiment is the best) unless you tell them otherwise. :rock:

·
Ride my famous Murder Ride
774 Posts
bmartin9122 said:
No question - the best fast food burgers in Texas. My first job was at Whataburger #299 on North Beach in Corpus Christi. I eat at Whataburger #3 probably once a week. I am loving the "A1 Thick & Hearty" burger right now! :not_worth I wish it was a permanent menu item.

BTW - they come with MUSTARD (lest we forget which condiment is the best) unless you tell them otherwise. :rock:
I'm with them ya just can't beet Whataburger :rock:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.