LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
LX Newbie
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
take off (fast) from a dead stop?

ESP or no ESP? Does it make a difference?
Leave it in D or shift to 1 and use the AutoStick?
Start at idle or rev up a bit initially?

Thanks for the info.

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
The best I could do was with esp off, stop, dropped to first gear, left foot brake, rev to 1500-2000 ish...as it gets up near there floor it and let off the gas at the same time.

I get a little tire slip, they hook, and I'm off. So far my best 0-60 has been 6.53 which isn't great, but that is how I got it lower...perfecting that.
(4300 feet elevation, near 100% humidity(just about to rain, 68 degrees outside.)

Play with variations. Depending on your tires, and so many other factors you may find closer to 1500 to be the sweet spot to floor it from or closer to 2k to floor it. One person noticed that if they did it in one motion (step on the gas and don't let it sit at 1500 or 2k for any length of time at all and just go right to flooring it and releasing the brake pedal they'd get a better launch). Meaning: If you let it sit at 1500 or 2k for any length of time at all you aren't going to launch as fast as if you timed the brake pedal release and flooring it so that you blast right through 1500 but release the brake pedal somewhere around there... tricky.

Also: Be sure your car is warmed up to at least 176 / 180 ish temperature wise before racing your engine like that. Below 180 you'll get increased engine wear.

·
LX Padiwan
257 Posts
quarky42 said:
The best I could do was with esp off, stop, dropped to first gear, left foot brake, rev to 1500-2000 ish...as it gets up near there floor it and let off the gas at the same time.
Exactly what I do at the track except that I «progressively» floor it at the start but very rapidly, just to the limit avoiding the spinning of the rear tires. The right dosage depends mostly on the track and tire conditions at the time of trials.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.