LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not wanting to hijack the thread wisconsonmagnum started, http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=37749 , I thought I would ask what would you do with the money?

I would first walk across the street to the Dodge dealer and order a Challenger. I would also drive off the lot with the Torred Daytona that has been sitting in their lot for a few months.

Next, I would pay off my truck and give it to a friend of mine who needs a better truck than what he has. I would pay off my house and give it to the same friend so he and his wife and kids would never have to worry about paying rent.

I would build a nice house with water front property on Beaver Lake. http://www.beaverlake.com/ I would have an enclosed boat house to keep my boats in. I'll have to get some boats though.

I would give enough money to family so they could live well and work little. My niece and all my nephews would be able to choose which ever college they wanted but must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA. Same for my daughter.

I think I would go into business for myself. I have an idea for one that would be kind of cool.

I would also work on some of the inventions in my head now that I would have time and money to devote to them.

Reactions: GoofyTimL

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
First, I would probably cause my pastor to have a heart attack with the donation in the offering plate! I can tell you we wouldn't have to have a capital campaign for the current building program!

Second I would "help" my son and D-I-L to get into a house in Chicagoland. I say "help" because he deserves to work for the good things in life, and he has the work ethic and morals to make his own way. But as any young couple, who just told us their first child will be arriving in April... they are a bit strapped for the market in that area right now.

Third I would pay-off our car and house so that we would have the freedom to travel and share time with our extended family (mostly on the west coast) like we never have in 30+ years.

Fourth, I would "cover" the expenses for Candy's grandfather, age 99, who is living off a very meager income at a retirement community in Riverside, CA and is such a blessing to the entire family.

I would invest the rest to supplement a normal retirement income until I could figure out where else to "invest" funds for lasting impact and the benefit of others. Pretty sure some would head to MagnumFreak's air ambulance service. Some more to the Mountain Mission where my father started his ministry in Lee County, VA. Some more to expand the Enabling Residence group-home models underway in Duluth, MN, where my handicapped sister is living. They do an AWESOME job.

Then there are deserving colleges, and mission organizations... and I'm sure many of those and more would be knocking at my door. I'd definitely ahve to get another email address or two! LOL

·
Sold Mag in summer '07, ready SRT8
1,237 Posts
The very first thing i would would would be to hold a press conference where i'd say the following:

"Thank you. This is just unbelievable. I'm still in a daze. This money wont change me at all. I'm going to still be the same person i was before i bought the ticket, just with a better car, nicer house, oh and without a job. With that being said, i'd like to let the following people know, they have my permission to kiss my @ss."

Then i'd proceed to lose my mind and end up in Africa like Dave Chapelle.

·
Love my Mag
481 Posts
I would go to the local dealer and buy the TorRed Daytona I tried to buy Saturday and make the snooty finance manager who was not helpful at all wash and wax it before I drove it off the lot followed by hubby in the orange viper and someone would have to deliver my SRT-10 truck.....red of course all washed and waxed by his pansy @ss....then I would pay off all my bills and start helping all my family and friends....and donate to St. Judes Childrens Hosp. ......having that much money should be fun and you should do good things with it.....(after you treat yourself of course)

·
now on my 3rd modern mopar, a Jeep SRT8
603 Posts

·
Formerly HLY CRAP
2,337 Posts
Give everyone on the Forum, who gave me a jellybean, $100,000! Just to share the love.

·
Registered
7,312 Posts
I'd pay off everything and build a dream house for my family. I'd add a 3 car detached garage and a big ole studio above it with firewire cables dropping right down into the bays, complete with lifts. I'd travel with my family alot and watch my kids benefit greatly from being able to experience various flavors of life. I'd give more than I do now. I'd learn more than I do now. I'd play more than I do now.

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Hey grinner... maybe even buy the Speed Channel and make it the Moddin' Art channel!

·
AK RT C-LEG DAVAF
2,977 Posts
I WOULDN'T CHANGE AT ALL!!!! ........

I have an acquaintance who won over 10 years ago from a small Wisconsin town where they were born and raised, high scholl sweethearts. It was under 7 million, then taxes. Lifelong friends and family would not stop asking them for money. They had to say goodbye and move away. They have made all new friends, but the loss of the families is tragic, considering that 25% was split with the family members on both sides, they kept the rest. I know most of these good people, and can say from my observations. The winner's did not change, however the rest weren't so good.

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
ME? Hmmm...
First:
Get solvent
Second:
Get a paid for house
Third:
The Morpheus Air Ambulance Service would become an immediate reality
Fourth:
TIME TO PLAY!!!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.