LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What advice should I give Mlkcrtnz. Earlier last week he ordered their smoked LED tails and the 6000k HID kit. He requested that they be sure that everything arrived by 3pm friday and said he would pay whatever it took to be sure of that. Factor One assured him that his items would be there on time even though they were comming from different warehouses and there was no need to to get three day shipping. Well Friday at 6pm his tails arrive(too late)...no sign of the HIDs. On Monday he calls them to figure out what is going on. They assure him that they shipped them on time and that the reason they haven't arrived is because UPS's system went down. Well now three days later still nothing from them, they won't answer/return phone calls, and UPS's tracking says they recieved billing information the day he called FO(Monday). It should have been shipped on the 23rd or 24th. Is it possible a customer has been:eek:wned: by Factor One Garage? What should be done?

By the way I used "lies" as an attention getter. I'm not accusing anyone at this point.

·
Pimpin' Band Man
136 Posts
I just expect a place to be honest with me about what's going on. I cannot believe this whole thing is UPS's fault. UPS only just now shows the item being picked up for delivery, 11 days after I ordered it. Remember, I specifically indicated that I would pay extra to make sure the item would be here by Friday, 4 days after I ordered. I ordered a CAI from another vendor (www.premiertruckaccessories.com) at the same time, selected 3-day UPS shipping, and it got here on Thursday just like I wanted. I didn't even have to talk to anybody! I personally called Factor One to indicate my desire to have these items delivered by that Friday, but it was like pulling hairs to try to pay for faster shipping, which apparently STILL didn't happen.

Now, 11 days have past, and it will probably be another 4 days before I receive it. They blame UPS:bsflag: , but I have never had this kind of experience with UPS, and their tracking system doesn't lie. Wherever the package is and is scanned, that's where it is. (tracking number 1Z13R3Y00393525061 . Check it out! I ordered on 7/23!) Am I wrong to be just a little upset?:itchy-scr

·
I-495 Hater
5,026 Posts
I think there used to be a vendor rating thread on here wasn't there? Word of mouth should kill off some of their business from this forum I would think.....can't take care of the customer in a timely fashion, I would think business will suffer

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
or you could get FOG's side of the story and post that too... but who wants to be fair anyway, right?

·
Gone Fishing
1,272 Posts
Raw deal, but I will give them 24 hrs to respond here and do the right thing before casting a stone. It sucks when you express your wants and needs and companys dont listen.

·
Pimpin' Band Man
136 Posts
And I can honestly say that I am impressed with the LED tail lenses I got from them. They were recommended by bmartin9122, my bro. However, he had the exact same problem when he ordered from them. His order took upwards of a month to finally arrive. You know, that wouldn't bother me if they told me that and I was expecting a delay. Such is not the case here.

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
UPS was notified for a pick-up, 8 days after you ordered. That's just wrong. Someone had better make you a heck of a deal or I'd cancel the order and refuse the shipment. Someone dropped the ball at your expense. If they don't make it right, then shop elsewhere and know that Factor One is a company that isn't driven on customer service values.

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
I had an overnight package shipped to me last week. It still hasn't arrived. UPS is *HORRRRRRIIIBLE*. I believe that Factor One deserves at least the benefit of the doubt until you can prove that UPS wasn't at fault.

I have had 4 seperate shipments get lost by UPS in the last few years. It seems the probability of them losing a package or mangling it is directly proportional to the cost of the item in the package.

I stay away from UPS when ever possible and use DHL, FedEx, and USPS. I don't care for some of these guys either, but so far to date they have screwed up fewer important shipments combined as compared to UPS!

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
PS: Posting a thread like this is exactly what you aren't supposed to do. You are supposed to try working it out with the supporting vendor first and if you cannot work it out with them then you should contact the LXForums admins and let them know what is going on. It is written in the Rules.

I'm not saying that I don't break rules here too. I'm just pointing out that this isn't the best way to get satisfaction. When all else fails, then you publicly humiliate the company. I take every chance I get to tell people to stay away from UPS and Sony. Sony has horrible customer support policies in place to ensure that you get out of the warranty with a faulty computer system. (I have had a motherboard replaced twice now for the same problem. On this third motherboard I asked them to give me a different system because I need something that is reliable. They refused and said it has to die 4 times for the same problem before they will replace with a different model.)

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
That is true. All sides should be heard before casting judgement. What's the whole story?

·
T.G.I.F.
24,289 Posts
I had a great buying experience from them personally. I'm surprised to hear others had problems. Whats their trader rating? Thats how you rate a vendor. Unfortunately a lot of folks don't do it for commercial vendors so you see the bad but not the good.

Not so long ago I had a package delivered that UPS' web site had only received billing info for. It MIGHT not be F1's fault.

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
Good point, Matt. We aren't saying that F1 didn't do something wrong. We are saying that it is easily within the realm of possibility that UPS royally screwed up this time. They have royally screwed me over many times in the past (losing packages in their "system" for days/weeks).

·
T.G.I.F.
24,289 Posts
F1 could also have gone bad. If they did its good we know. But I would want a lot of corroboration, which is easy to get here. We've chased a few guys away. I know I can think of one in particular thats gone from here that I took off on and deserved it.

·
Great White Shark
122 Posts
Even FedEx can lose stuff. Here's a tracking link to a package I ordered from Meguiar's that was last scanned when they put it on the truck on the 26th. It never showed. Meguiar's was very good about re-shipping the order, it should be waiting on my doorstep this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
Ok so let me tell you my shipping stories....picked up a Foose wheel from a member in Arizona through DHL. Never got it back. Months ago! ??? WTF
Sent porkroll out through Post Office. They couldn't deliver it it cause the customer gave the wrong address....just got it back....almost a month later....threw that one away! Shipped out a set of blinker mirror covers to a customer in Cali. Customer said she never got them. Post office has no idea where the hell they are. They'll probably show up on my door in a month. Yes shipping companies lose things.

·
LX Newbie
168 Posts
i had ordered my hid kit from factor one also like two weeks ago and i had not recieved them till yesterday. days before that i asked them where were they and why had i not recieve them within 4 days, they said that ups got the wrong shippin adress and was sent back to them, then he shipped my kit last friday. it really sucked. ( i usually get stuff within four days or sooner)

·
A Soldiers' Mom
4,562 Posts
If UPS's system went down, maybe they lost data and are re-entering it. They may be doing an "inventory" and just came across it. Anything is possible. I didn't have a problem with them (factor One) but I have with shipping companies. Avoiding the customer, even if there is nothing you can do, isn't cool, although they may be looking in to it. Can't jump to conclusions. Check out the package and all tags/paperwork on/with it.

·
Conspicuous Combustion . . .
6,084 Posts
I have had nothing but good service from F1 --
not fair to call someone a liar publicly without proof --
I think this thread needs to be re-titled or sent to the abyss --
even with proof it's defamation of character.
This kind of issue should be resolved between the parties, not laundered in public.

I have a lot of customers who want stuff at 2 PM on Thursday --
the real world doesn't work like that --
especially not with UPS / FEDEX and DHL.

(But the USPS is AWESOME, right Buttweet and Moparman?) :wink:

·
Pimpin' Band Man
136 Posts
FYI - Ratman used the word "lies", not me. He does not speak for me. It's not that it's late....I understand that happens. But they SPECIFICALLY told me they shipped it right after I ordered it, however, UPS reported receiving pickup intructions 10 days after I ordered, which ONLY means that they have been instructed to pick it up and ship it. UPS doesn't pick up a package to ship until they are told to do so. As I said earlier, I'm not ready to hang FOG yet, but what strikes me as odd is that tracking information magically appeared the DAY AFTER I called them inquiring as to why my package had not yet arrived. That's mighty suspicious if you ask me. I'll say again, their products are great, but I am not impressed with the speed of delivery. I would chalk it up to an isolated incident except that a family member had the same experience ordering the exact same product. FOG guaranteed it by 7/28. UPS now says DEL date 8/8. To the point, I never got what I felt was a straight answer about the whole deal. On the surface it looks as if someone forgot to ship it until I called...THAT'S why I wish they would give me a "cut to the chase" explanation. hmmmmm... :lightsab:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.