LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Chasing Dreams
3,354 Posts
89 octane for 5.7 unless you are running the performance tune from superchips then you need 91 or better.

91 octane for 6.1 engine

·
That guy
803 Posts
MagnumFreak is right. I have only run 89 in my R/T.

Some have been saying that they run 87 in their 5.7's and it doesn't knock/ping, but they're probably also losing a little performance. Anything higher than 89 is throwing money away.

·
LX Newbie
34 Posts
87 regular (not from sh** stations, only Chevron, Shell, Mobil)

·
LX Oldtimer
11,692 Posts
Here in Florida we have 93 octane, hard to find 91 octane.

Am using 93 octane with my Superchips.

Bob

·
LX Padiwan
249 Posts
was running 87 with my superchip, as i cannot get 91 up here, plus in the winter lots of idling time. did 0-6 in 7 seconds, but family and groceries in the car. went back to stock and 89 octane ran 6.28. so not an accurate test i know but really think it makes a performance hit.

·
06 Charger RT W/RT Group
1,365 Posts
I've always put 89 or 90, depending on what part of town I'm in. Haven't noticed a difference between the two.
The word I was given was to buy at stations with lot's of traffic...no time for the gas to go bad. that's my 2 cents for the day :)

·
Mr.LX Poster !
1,016 Posts
89 on stock R/T, 93 Once in a while....

·
"Dude, give me your tots!"
470 Posts
for sxt owners. I just switched about a month ago to the 89 octane and had been using 87.. Wow what a difference on power and MPG.. I can tell a huge difference. Just thought I would throw that out. I know most of you guys have the RT but some SXT guys might be interested.

·
Hemi Panzer
2,050 Posts
I run 95% of the time with 89 octane. But once in a blue moon, Ill do a quarter fillup with 91 just to clean the system a little.

·
Registered
93 Posts
BP, Shell or Mobil. That is what a Forum member told me that that is what is recemended by Chrysler.
I had been using small station gas. What a difference Mobil made. It woke the car up!!
I will only be buying BP, Shell or Mobil from now on.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.