LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Recovering perfectionist
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I tried to use my tuner for first time, got it updated ok via the PC, connected to car and the first thing it says is CONTACT SUPERCHIPS! G-31!

WTF?

Apologize if this has been covered here, but all I saw was G-36 in the forums...

Thanks/please advise

·
Recovering perfectionist
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
moparman2 said:
I had that before.. I just ignored it and reinstalled it.. Then it was fine.
follow the instructions!!!!!!!

Brian
Thanks -- I think. Reinstalled WHAT?

Are you sure you got G-31? G-31 is not mentioned in my instructions...no "G" codes at all...

·
Registered
358 Posts
sc reply

G-31=Ignition on error, ignition failed to come on when promted. =operator error.

Just try the process of loading the program into the car again. Watch you screen and make sure that the ignition is turned on when promoted.
This is just a G-general error.
Stay Tuned!!!
Ron
:racing:

·
Recovering perfectionist
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry for being such a noob, but I'm following the instructions, as far as I know...

I plug the unit in and turn the car to ON. The 3825 detects that it's plugged into the vehicle and the menu system starts. Then:

I select Performance Tuning
I select Read Vehicle
I select Read Stock

The display flashes off and on a few times and finally throws the G-31 error.

What is all this ON/OFF/ON and "follow the prompts" stuff? Am I supposed to be flicking the ign switch from ON to OFF to ON at some point? When?

I have never seen this prompt from the 3825, but I see a reference to it in the manual. Can you be more specific?

·
Recovering perfectionist
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figgered out what was missing: Alcohol. :beerchug:

I had a drink and went thru it again. Not exactly sure where things went awry the first time, but got thru it OK tonight.

I think it's possible to get in a loop with the 3825 where it doesn't quite know what to display. For example, on the first attempt I was never prompted to turn OFF or ON. I may have gotten off on the wrong foot somehow, dare I say because of the instructions?

The instructions kind of start in the middle of the process, IMO. It would have been easier to figure out, I think, if step 1 was "plug in to vehicle under steering column" (I had to Google for the connector location because the instructions don't tell you where to plug in or even to plug in at all!), etc.

Just some feedback I hope is used constructively...instead of starting with what button to press on the 3825 (as the current instructions do), start with, 1) Ensure ign OFF; 2) Plug 3825 into connector, located x; 3) Follow on-screen prompts...

Anyway, I think the instructions could be much clearer.

Thanks

·
Registered
358 Posts
First off the manual was made up by a engineer......Need I say more...LOL
When you start the process you will need to start with the ingition off. Then read the vehicle stock program, their will be some cycling of the ignition at this point. Everything is straight forward from there.
Have fun and watch the screen and not the bottom of the glass......
Ron

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts
kwiebe said:
Alcohol. Is there anything it can't do?

/Simpsons
Drive?! :mrgreen:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.