LX Forums Forum banner
7761 - 7780 of 7786 Posts

· Registered
2006 300 SRT8
305 Posts
Re-Re-build 5k miles after initial rebuild!
Wood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Machine

Wood Gas Cooking Service Machine

Wood Gas Machine Engineering Metal

· stay modded, my friend...
1,637 Posts
Replaced fuel sending unit (passenger side pump). Was leaking at top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
239 Posts
Saw that Chrysler has issued a Stop Driving order for 05-15 300s as well as others for airbag death. I'm so glad to hear that the day before I was planning a 5000 mile trip. Anyone know if the car will go into limp mode if I disable the bomb?

· Registered
2006 300 SRT8
305 Posts
Saw that Chrysler has issued a Stop Driving order for 05-15 300s as well as others for airbag death. I'm so glad to hear that the day before I was planning a 5000 mile trip. Anyone know if the car will go into limp mode if I disable the bomb?

That “don’t drive notice” only applies if you haven’t had them replaced with the updated air bag. Also, no it will not put it into limp home if
You disconnect the air bag but you will get a air bag warning light.

Reactions: 5280SRT8

· Registered
239 Posts
That “don’t drive notice” only applies if you haven’t had them replaced with the updated air bag. Also, no it will not put it into limp home if
You disconnect the air bag but you will get a air bag warning light.
It applies to vehicles added 6 weeks ago to the tens of millions recalled already bacause of two more deaths caused by airbag fragments. This is a new stop drive order. I'm pretty sure I have not had this recall serviced in the last couple weeks and I was not subject to the recall when I checked a couple months ago.

This is happenning because of a memo I saw that I can not share detailing that essentially all Takata and Toyoda airbags are affected, but it would end the auto companies if they don't phase the recall.

Here is the press release from NHTSA since as far as I can tell Chrysler has taken no steps to publicise this emergency situation.

· Registered
243 Posts
It applies to vehicles added 6 weeks ago to the tens of millions recalled already bacause of two more deaths caused by airbag fragments. This is a new stop drive order. I'm pretty sure I have not had this recall serviced in the last couple weeks and I was not subject to the recall when I checked a couple months ago.

This is happenning because of a memo I saw that I can not share detailing that essentially all Takata and Toyoda airbags are affected, but it would end the auto companies if they don't phase the recall.

Here is the press release from NHTSA since as far as I can tell Chrysler has taken no steps to publicise this emergency situation.

Yea, There have been recalls for the airbags for like 3 years now. This release is targeting the 276,000 cars that haven't had the recall performed yet.
Nowhere in the release does it state that it's including the new part they have been installing. If they were then the total number of cars affected would be in the millions

Basically, the release is to cover their ass from all the lazy people who haven't had their airbags repaired in the last 3 years.

· stay modded, my friend...
1,637 Posts
Change to red and blue and get some traffic out of your way!😁

· Premium Member
Cool-V '05 300c Blondie
42 Posts
Hope everyone had a better day than mine... Ho Ho Ho & Happy New Year!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: Curious Joe

· Registered
927 Posts
Started removing the yellow vinyl the other day from the car. All that's left is the front bumper. Gonna go with some different vinyl design and\or color but no idea what yet. Lost\damaged during vinyl removal some clear coat on the paint and needs some rust bubble TLC on a few areas, so that'll get done when it warms up in spring hopefully.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

7761 - 7780 of 7786 Posts