LX Forums Forum banner
7701 - 7707 of 7707 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Another dead fuel injector today. Originally had the OE #6 die inside electronically, made the mistake of replacing with some Chinese Amazon knockoff. Looked legit when I got it but always had hot start issues after replacing.

Anyway, ¼ on the way to work yesterday had what felt like the first time when I had an injector die, a full misfire on a cylinder. Decided to turn around and take a different car which was probably a good idea in hindsight now. After I got home from work and took it all apart to check it out, I had an assistant from the fuel pump to take a look at that cylinder in the injector was just shooting out a garden hose spray a fuel and flooded the cylinder. Makes sense because when I got home I smelled fuel pretty bad, and when I moved it from one parking spot to up by the garage I smelled it even worse. Guess I'm lucky I didn't hydro-lock anything.

Got the Bosch OE ones coming now. Not making the same mistake again, just hope I didn't damage anything else on the drive back like a cat.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
Another dead fuel injector today. Originally had the OE #6 die inside electronically, made the mistake of replacing with some Chinese Amazon knockoff. Looked legit when I got it but always had hot start issues after replacing.

Anyway, ¼ on the way to work yesterday had what felt like the first time when I had an injector die, a full misfire on a cylinder. Decided to turn around and take a different car which was probably a good idea in hindsight now. After I got home from work and took it all apart to check it out, I had an assistant from the fuel pump to take a look at that cylinder in the injector was just shooting out a garden hose spray a fuel and flooded the cylinder. Makes sense because when I got home I smelled fuel pretty bad, and when I moved it from one parking spot to up by the garage I smelled it even worse. Guess I'm lucky I didn't hydro-lock anything.

Got the Bosch OE ones coming now. Not making the same mistake again, just hope I didn't damage anything else on the drive back like a cat.

Got them in and back together. All is well for now. The test drive a few minutes ago was good. Feels more responsive than it did too. No CEL's or weird behavior.

Crazy what happens when you use the right parts.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Well I'm back! After my poor black R/T got smashed, I was going to try to rebuild it. Something is bent in the back, it can't be aligned anymore, so I'm calling it on that one. I just picked up this guy, another 06 R/T. It's in need of some love, but I got a good deal on it. I'm going to take the SRT interior and wheels from the wrecked car and put them on this one. The engine of the wrecked car will live on in my 68 Dart (eventually).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mongo300cSRTdesign

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,579 Posts
Well I'm back! After my poor black R/T got smashed, I was going to try to rebuild it. Something is bent in the back, it can't be aligned anymore, so I'm calling it on that one. I just picked up this guy, another 06 R/T. It's in need of some love, but I got a good deal on it. I'm going to take the SRT interior and wheels from the wrecked car and put them on this one. The engine of the wrecked car will live on in my 68 Dart (eventually).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Welcome back! Sorry to hear of the demise of the black one, but glad it will live on in the Dart transplant. I’m sure you’ll get this new Mag looking and running great.

·
Registered
209 Posts
tl;dr
Recovered mine from the wrong side of a water crossing. Seems like it is ok, but it was too late at night to put it up and check the underside to be sure. It still has oil, trans fluid, diff oil, and an exhaust, so that is good.

Long version is the crossing is normally 6 inches or less of water over flat sand. Turned out this time after the last washout they didn't use sand and 3/4" gravel to fill the cut, but football+ sized rocks. This was all under the water where I couldn't see it and half way through the front wheels dropped into a hole and the cross member or some other metal got to do a nice vertical power slam onto the rocks, and then I got to power out of there rolling those rocks around under everything. Sounded like my fingerprint on the needle with the volume on 800 watts. For those who don't understand that referrence, it sounded like dropping a wheel barrow of football sized rocks six feet into another barrow. If I didn't live in the desert I would be even more furious about the rust out danger under there, but that doesn't apply here. Bad enough to have the HoA refuse to fix this crossing for the last 20 years, but now they have decided they can use Joe Drunkard with a backhoe to dump any old thing in there and call it fixed. Who needs correct techniques when you can half ass it for a little less. From now on, if I have to go through there I'll use the Subaru.

7701 - 7707 of 7707 Posts