LX Forums Forum banner
7701 - 7720 of 7786 Posts

· Registered
926 Posts
Another dead fuel injector today. Originally had the OE #6 die inside electronically, made the mistake of replacing with some Chinese Amazon knockoff. Looked legit when I got it but always had hot start issues after replacing.

Anyway, ¼ on the way to work yesterday had what felt like the first time when I had an injector die, a full misfire on a cylinder. Decided to turn around and take a different car which was probably a good idea in hindsight now. After I got home from work and took it all apart to check it out, I had an assistant from the fuel pump to take a look at that cylinder in the injector was just shooting out a garden hose spray a fuel and flooded the cylinder. Makes sense because when I got home I smelled fuel pretty bad, and when I moved it from one parking spot to up by the garage I smelled it even worse. Guess I'm lucky I didn't hydro-lock anything.

Got the Bosch OE ones coming now. Not making the same mistake again, just hope I didn't damage anything else on the drive back like a cat.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

· Registered
926 Posts
Another dead fuel injector today. Originally had the OE #6 die inside electronically, made the mistake of replacing with some Chinese Amazon knockoff. Looked legit when I got it but always had hot start issues after replacing.

Anyway, ¼ on the way to work yesterday had what felt like the first time when I had an injector die, a full misfire on a cylinder. Decided to turn around and take a different car which was probably a good idea in hindsight now. After I got home from work and took it all apart to check it out, I had an assistant from the fuel pump to take a look at that cylinder in the injector was just shooting out a garden hose spray a fuel and flooded the cylinder. Makes sense because when I got home I smelled fuel pretty bad, and when I moved it from one parking spot to up by the garage I smelled it even worse. Guess I'm lucky I didn't hydro-lock anything.

Got the Bosch OE ones coming now. Not making the same mistake again, just hope I didn't damage anything else on the drive back like a cat.

Got them in and back together. All is well for now. The test drive a few minutes ago was good. Feels more responsive than it did too. No CEL's or weird behavior.

Crazy what happens when you use the right parts.

· Registered
603 Posts
Well I'm back! After my poor black R/T got smashed, I was going to try to rebuild it. Something is bent in the back, it can't be aligned anymore, so I'm calling it on that one. I just picked up this guy, another 06 R/T. It's in need of some love, but I got a good deal on it. I'm going to take the SRT interior and wheels from the wrecked car and put them on this one. The engine of the wrecked car will live on in my 68 Dart (eventually).

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

· stay modded, my friend...
1,637 Posts
Well I'm back! After my poor black R/T got smashed, I was going to try to rebuild it. Something is bent in the back, it can't be aligned anymore, so I'm calling it on that one. I just picked up this guy, another 06 R/T. It's in need of some love, but I got a good deal on it. I'm going to take the SRT interior and wheels from the wrecked car and put them on this one. The engine of the wrecked car will live on in my 68 Dart (eventually).

Welcome back! Sorry to hear of the demise of the black one, but glad it will live on in the Dart transplant. I’m sure you’ll get this new Mag looking and running great.

Reactions: GTSDart340

· Registered
239 Posts
tl;dr
Recovered mine from the wrong side of a water crossing. Seems like it is ok, but it was too late at night to put it up and check the underside to be sure. It still has oil, trans fluid, diff oil, and an exhaust, so that is good.

Long version is the crossing is normally 6 inches or less of water over flat sand. Turned out this time after the last washout they didn't use sand and 3/4" gravel to fill the cut, but football+ sized rocks. This was all under the water where I couldn't see it and half way through the front wheels dropped into a hole and the cross member or some other metal got to do a nice vertical power slam onto the rocks, and then I got to power out of there rolling those rocks around under everything. Sounded like my fingerprint on the needle with the volume on 800 watts. For those who don't understand that referrence, it sounded like dropping a wheel barrow of football sized rocks six feet into another barrow. If I didn't live in the desert I would be even more furious about the rust out danger under there, but that doesn't apply here. Bad enough to have the HoA refuse to fix this crossing for the last 20 years, but now they have decided they can use Joe Drunkard with a backhoe to dump any old thing in there and call it fixed. Who needs correct techniques when you can half ass it for a little less. From now on, if I have to go through there I'll use the Subaru.

· Registered
603 Posts
Welcome back! Sorry to hear of the demise of the black one, but glad it will live on in the Dart transplant. I’m sure you’ll get this new Mag looking and running great.
Yeah I'm pretty pissed , it was so well taken care of. This one has clearly had a rougher life, there's lots of little stuff missing. Luckily I have a parts car

Reactions: 07RT

· Registered
926 Posts
Replaced the egr tube gaskets on both ends (again on the plenum side, first time for the valve side), tore the plenum one after putting it back the incorrect way after the injector job last time. This time everything is 101% correct. Seated well and no more whistling at idle (again, until I have to remove the plenum yet again for some dumb reason.)

Replaced PCV valve also, had little to no movement inside compared to the new one.

Also finally did the cabin air filter box swap that I've had sitting for about a year now. Car originally came without the slot to put a cabin filter in. Swapped that at the same time as the rest of the jobs. Cleaned it up and replaced or doubled up on the OE foam seals that had turned to dust for the cabin air box.

1,637 Posts
Comp Cams NSR Thumpr. I only have 200 miles on the motor. I’m deciding if I want to keep it or tone it down a bit.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds pretty beastly - I would hate to change it, but you might get tired of it if you spend much time on the freeway with it.
Shaved wiper and latch looks killer! I want to do that. Did you do it or have it done?

· Praise the Lowered!
1,298 Posts
Sounds pretty beastly - I would hate to change it, but you might get tired of it if you spend much time on the freeway with it.
Shaved wiper and latch looks killer! I want to do that. Did you do it or have it done?
Everything is 100% me. I hate paying others for work I can accomplish.

I'm not on the freeway much, I only work a mile from home. Short drives.

· Registered
603 Posts
No pictures, but I pulled all the seats out and vacuumed and shampooed the carpet to try to get the cigarette smell out. I'm going to put my SRT seats in tomorrow. I also moved my tranzformer from the wrecked car to the new one.

Reactions: doublechaz and 07RT

· Registered
603 Posts
I got my car back from the shop and my "death wobble" has been fixed!! For the last few years, i had a very intermittent issue. When driving at my freeway speeds (80-85), when I would touch the brakes to slow down, occasionally the front end would start to violently vibrate. Immediately let off the brakes and apply again and it wouldn't do it. Usually only occurred over 80 mph. Got new tires and it went away, so I figured that one of my front tires was going bad. But a while later it would come back.. again intermittently. I replaced all of my front suspension parts/bushings with new ones about 18 months ago, and again it went away. But it came back about 6 months ago and got worse.

Finally got it into a suspension shop. Two different techs drove it and compared it to the "death wobble" for Jeeps (or any solid front axle vehicle). They found that the lower control arms were already starting to show some play, and they found a lot of play in the steering rack bushings (which had not been replaced in 226K miles). All new lower control arms and steering rack bushings and she is good as new. Can haul down from 100mph with no shaking at all now.

So happy to have that finally fixed. And here's just a random pic of her looking pretty in the parking lot yesterday.

1,637 Posts

Did those headlamps come on the silver car or did you pull them from your black one? Those are projectors, right? Do they work well? What bulbs are in them? Hope the project is coming together for you!

1,637 Posts
I got my car back from the shop and my "death wobble" has been fixed!! For the last few years, i had a very intermittent issue. When driving at my freeway speeds (80-85), when I would touch the brakes to slow down, occasionally the front end would start to violently vibrate. Immediately let off the brakes and apply again and it wouldn't do it. Usually only occurred over 80 mph. Got new tires and it went away, so I figured that one of my front tires was going bad. But a while later it would come back.. again intermittently. I replaced all of my front suspension parts/bushings with new ones about 18 months ago, and again it went away. But it came back about 6 months ago and got worse.

Finally got it into a suspension shop. Two different techs drove it and compared it to the "death wobble" for Jeeps (or any solid front axle vehicle). They found that the lower control arms were already starting to show some play, and they found a lot of play in the steering rack bushings (which had not been replaced in 226K miles). All new lower control arms and steering rack bushings and she is good as new. Can haul down from 100mph with no shaking at all now.

So happy to have that finally fixed. And here's just a random pic of her looking pretty in the parking lot yesterday.

Sounds like a good shop. What shop is it?

· Registered
603 Posts
Busy last couple days. Had issues with the temperature reading high, previous owner just replaced the water pump and radiator. I found the coolant sensor was broken, replaced that and installed a 180 thermostat. No more overheating (it never actually overheated, the gauge was wrong). Also started putting in my 09 300 door panels. Got the first two in, the rear passenger door fought me! I couldn't get the door handle rod to hook into the latch. Had to give up because work. Also changed the driver's taillight because it had water in it. It's getting to where I want it, still needs a serious detail though.

Reactions: 07RT
7701 - 7720 of 7786 Posts