LX Forums Forum banner
7681 - 7689 of 7689 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got a problem. I really like the Dodge Magnum.
I just bought this to add to my fleet. Had to fix some suspension issues, new tires and wheels, new cats and exhaust.
But it’s on the road now.
Look for an RKE thread soon…
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,546 Posts
What do you do with battery tender to maintain battery? Is it a car that sits or are there benefits for regularly driven cars?

Reactions: Curious Joe

·
Registered
16 Posts
What do you do with battery tender to maintain battery? Is it a car that sits or are there benefits for regularly driven cars?
An actual 'smart charger' (Battery Tender brand is one) helps maintain the battery's health, even when vehicles are driven often. With a 'flooded battery' they help keep the plates clean. How? Alternators and standard battery chargers only charge to 80% for safety reasons. Smart Chargers have special circuitry that allows them to push the battery to 100% charge, helping clean the sulfates that collect on battery plates.

I perform 'maintenance charges' every quarter (usually overnight) on both of my vehicles, 300 5.7 and a Ranger Lariat. The Ranger has an AGM battery and my Battery Tender seems to help it too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Found the dashcam I received as a gift years ago, used briefly before putting in the closet. I took it out and installed in the 300 several days back. Have a Ford/Thinkware device installed in my Ranger Lariat.

Input device Automotive tire Automotive design Electronic instrument Office equipment

7681 - 7689 of 7689 Posts