LX Forums Forum banner
7641 - 7660 of 7672 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
I got the two codes about SAS 'not init' and 'internal' a couple times over the last week when turning left. Tried the thing about loosening the T30 under the column and adjusting. I'll keep my eye on it for a while to see if it is fixed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Definitely better than the standard c seats. Found these in the same year 300c as my car, swapped the cushions, and everything worked!

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,509 Posts

Picked up my ProCharger kit (had it shipped to work address). Fits nicely in the back of the old wagon, it will fit better in the front of the old wagon! Now I have to get my trans back from shop and have driveshaft arrive so I can put the 6.1 in. Also stopped by Pick Your Part and got my power seat connector and some other knick-knacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
No SAS codes all week, so win on that one. The replacement HD I put in my MyGIG this winter puked from the heat. Put in a solid state one. Every time I mess with it the unit reboots a lot until I've been through a few drive cycles. Today after work it didn't seem to reboot the whole drive home, but with traffic, I wasn't exactly concentrating on the audio.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Prepped for the stripes. Marked center and dimensions.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk
Finished the hood and front bumper stripes today. No garage space to work on the rest, so I backed it up to the house in the shade and gotta let the ass end cool down before I start on that. It's mostly sunny and a cool 90°F here today but too friggin hot to try vinyl even in the shade

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,509 Posts
I'm with ya on that. It seems to be mostly cosmetic except for the left wheel hub.

1949 International KB2, 302/T5
1968 Dodge Dart GTS, 340/727
2006 Dodge Magnum R/T "SRT Design"
2016 Dodge Durango Limited
Hey GTS, what's the latest, is she getting ironed out?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Two projects complete today:

1. The MyGiG was running too hot for the SSD to work so I modified the passenger side upper air duct to blown a little A/C on the unit. Also, I drilled some cooling holes in the MyGiG top and bottom housing. It seems to run fine now. I've pushed a few CDs to it and later, the files are still stored. Before the files only existed in the middle of the night.

2. I spliced in a pair of wires at the front 12v power outlet and ran them in the dash behind the glove box, up the A pillar, over the head liner to the overhead console where I mounted a hidden (from the interior view) outlet to power my radar detector and dashcam mounted behind the rear view mirror from my perspective. The outlet faces forward toward the glass on the drivers side of the console bulge. The units are now up out of my main view so they won't night blind me or draw the attention of the local cops who get all bent about anything affixed to the glass.

Oh, and I got a K&N filter on the way.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Finished the hood and front bumper stripes today. No garage space to work on the rest, so I backed it up to the house in the shade and gotta let the ass end cool down before I start on that. It's mostly sunny and a cool 90°F here today but too friggin hot to try vinyl even in the shade

And the rear. No roof yet, one roll short. The spoiler sucked to do, it isn't perfect if you look at the underside but it's alright for a first timer. Nothing underneath any of it

·
Registered
1 Posts
And the rear. No roof yet, one roll short. The spoiler sucked to do, it isn't perfect if you look at the underside but it's alright for a first timer. Nothing underneath any of it

Nice look. I love the idea and thinking to implement on my BMW X3 which is already vinyl wrapped in a yellow. I will contrast it with the blue of your car or maybe a little darker shade of it

·
Registered
198 Posts
Got a crap off brand Chinese 8 core arm android head unit installed. Sounds decent. Took a bit to figure out that the Nav came with a trial map for just my state so it would crash if you tried to nav outside the map. Got Torque Pro loaded and set up. Maps set up for $30 for all of North America which is fine because my old standalone Nav wanted $120 for new maps. Seems to be a decent unit if it lives. I need something for a road trip next month. The rebooting MyGiG every 60 seconds just wasn't going to cut it.

The thing so far is setting a bunch of codes, but the HVAC controls, locks, and windows work in spite of the codes, so for now I will be able to live with it. We'll see if there is any support from the maker to get this right.

For the price and features compared to other stuff out there, I'm happy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got a crap off brand Chinese 8 core arm android head unit installed. Sounds decent. Took a bit to figure out that the Nav came with a trial map for just my state so it would crash if you tried to nav outside the map. Got Torque Pro loaded and set up. Maps set up for $30 for all of North America which is fine because my old standalone Nav wanted $120 for new maps. Seems to be a decent unit if it lives. I need something for a road trip next month. The rebooting MyGiG every 60 seconds just wasn't going to cut it.

The thing so far is setting a bunch of codes, but the HVAC controls, locks, and windows work in spite of the codes, so for now I will be able to live with it. We'll see if there is any support from the maker to get this right.

For the price and features compared to other stuff out there, I'm happy.
I've seen these around Fleebay and at Chrysler 300 Android Head Unit

Does this look like the same one? What kind of codes is it causing? Curious to see how this works out for you, I'd love to get Bluetooth calls and a back up camera working!

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've seen these around Fleebay and at Chrysler 300 Android Head Unit

Does this look like the same one? What kind of codes is it causing? Curious to see how this works out for you, I'd love to get Bluetooth calls and a back up camera working!

That is a different unit. Mine has physical buttons and knobs for some of the controls like volume, tuner, nav, and a slightly smaller screen to make room for the buttons.

The codes I'm getting are DDM lost comm with radio, PDM lost comm with radio, HVAC lost comm with radio, I think there was one or two others all of the lost comm with radio type. I don't have the list handy just now, but at least the BCM is talking to the radio or I expect it would set CEL and limp. It shows when doors are open, and I expect if I had a backup camera that it would activate on R correctly. I don't have steering wheel buttons, so I don't know if that function would work. Depends if the SCM is one of the codes I'm getting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
That is a different unit. Mine has physical buttons and knobs for some of the controls like volume, tuner, nav, and a slightly smaller screen to make room for the buttons.

The codes I'm getting are DDM lost comm with radio, PDM lost comm with radio, HVAC lost comm with radio, I think there was one or two others all of the lost comm with radio type. I don't have the list handy just now, but at least the BCM is talking to the radio or I expect it would set CEL and limp. It shows when doors are open, and I expect if I had a backup camera that it would activate on R correctly. I don't have steering wheel buttons, so I don't know if that function would work. Depends if the SCM is one of the codes I'm getting.
Got it. Good luck sorting it out!

7641 - 7660 of 7672 Posts