LX Forums Forum banner
7601 - 7620 of 7629 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I know the feeling. Getting motivated is the hardest part.
I just uploaded an intro video to my youtube channel. I've received alot of positive feedback on my transmission video so I'm going to start filming and uploading all the repairs and maintenance on the car. Hopefully, it'll help at least a few people.

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
Today, I got a toll bill for the bay Bridge tunnel in California. I have never been to California much less driven my charger through a tunnel there.

I guess from now on, I'll be covering my plates in pics.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,443 Posts
After 223K miles, my roof molding came off. Blew off on the freeway at 80mph. Already ordered a new one. Was going to replace both, but the left side is currently on backorder.
Dealer still have these or aftermarket source?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Demolded and also took off the crappy aftermarket chrome pillar covers.

Thankfully a helpful YouTuber mentioned an 'eraser wheel' for the glue. Wasn't easy but would have been a nightmare without it!
Automotive side marker light Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Reactions: 07RT

·
1,443 Posts
I bought that rubber roof molding a few months ago. One of mine was loose and came off in a car wash.
From dealer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
509 Posts
Car is currently in the shop getting a whole new trunk set up done. My air ride was originally all in the spare tire well for practical purposes but this car somehow evolved to a show car so a refresh was in line. I don't contain the skills necessary to perform this type of work so off it went. Here are a few pics of the general layout and progress so far. I'll post pics when completed.

Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle

Azure Rectangle Hood Wood Paint

·
1,443 Posts
Pulled my fan assembly out again.
Original exploded in 2014 and took radiator with it. Replaced it with Murray-branded VDO at that time. It lasted 110k and died a couple weeks ago. OReillys warrantied it and gave me $38 because price has gone down. Put in the new one and it vibrates like crazy when it comes on. Pulled it and spun the fans by hand and the bearings are pretty rough for a brand new unit. Went to exchange it but the one they had in stock also felt pretty rough - both Continental-branded “made in China”…
Had them order a Dorman - yes Dorman can be hit or miss. This was twice the money so expecting a European or USA product )I think my old one was from Europe somewhere.
Hope this on works!

·
1,443 Posts
So Dorman 620-039XD is the heavy-duty police and fleet fan assembly so they say, and is more than twice the price of their standard one. This one still said made in China, but looks like much better quality than the Murray-branded Continental I tried. Bearings spin smooth and the fan blades appear to have been balanced (little metal clips on some blades) so on it went. Works great, runs quiet and smooth - hope it lasts a long time! Glad to have my car back! The previous unit had no wiring harness so had to switch the one from my old one.
This XD unit had a wiring harness on it that actually plugged into my original harness. Kinda weird, but a few zip ties kept it tidy.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've been fabricating a 4-pin trailer harness plate for the hidden hitch (82213979AB) since it doesn't come with one. Today, I powder coated the plate.

Reactions: snobrdrdan and 07RT

·
1,443 Posts
Replaced my HVAC controller today.
Lights had gone out and A/C quit all at the same time. Working great now. Really easy to swap.

Reactions: Ultimagic5
7601 - 7620 of 7629 Posts