LX Forums Forum banner
7581 - 7600 of 7629 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Apparently had a fuel injector die on me on Wednesday. Just out of the blue after I came to a stop at a light. Had sudden misfire on cyl 5 and an injector circuit malfunction. Went ahead and replaced all 6 just in case, made sure everything else was good and buttoned it back up. Runs fine again like it didn't miss a beat. The old injectors in the spray side were nasty and caked up with funk around the o rings but the nozzle surface was pristine. Was a decently easy job to do, just messy with the fuel drip I had out of the rails.

At the same time since the intake was off I replaced the manifold gasket and the EGR tube into the upper intake got a gasket on it for the first time since I owned it. Yay no more whistling. since the hoses were more accessable, I replaced the pairs of o rings in the quick connect tube for the purge solenoid replacement I did a little bit ago as well.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Dodge Magnum RT
1,399 Posts
4 bags, 2 height sensors, and an air tank replacement. LOTS of work to do to get her back up to speed, this is step 1.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
There are factory Chrysler logo caps that fit. They are expensive at the dealer, but like everything, China makes copies. They are/were about $10 for the set of them. They fit perfectly however are slightly loose, in my replica rims, so you can hear them clicking while driving slowly with the window open. I wrapped a piece of electrical tape around each one and they are fine. They may not be loose in original wheels.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Last week started stripping my 07 300 down of aftermarket parts. Going to a new owner next week.
397xxxkms, and never left me stranded in 9yrs of ownership.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

·
Pants up! Don't loot!
7,817 Posts
Guess it's time to face the sad truth....car has got too much frame rot to pass inspection. After building a house last year, and going waaay over budget due to "covid" price gouging (some overages legit, some used the covid as an excuse to gouge...cause they could) there's no money left to fix the car...not that I don't want to.

I thought maybe doing a four link in the back and making it a track only car, but that takes dollars...and skill...both of which I currently lack.

So, the transmission will go to a good home as my neighbor and good friend has his dad's 1953 Dodge pickup, that's in really good shape, just sitting around...so the 426 will get transplanted along with as many other parts we can use, into the pickup. There will be a manual gearbox behind it making shifting fun again.

While I am sad to end this chapter in my life, I am excited for this upcoming project with my good friend and getting to honor the memories he had with his dad in the truck when he was a kid.

I will be sticking around the forum as it's pretty much the best place around for info and I've made some good friends here.

So to sum up what I did to my LX today....I gave it the promise of a new life.

I cannot believe how bad this car has been flogged for the last nearly 10 years and 120,000 plus miles. It never complained and really just asked for more. Last ride she went on, she happily spun the tires well into 4th gear...I'm gonna miss that...

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,443 Posts
Replaced fan assembly. Stock one lost a blade and took out the radiator in 2014.
Now 8 years later the replacement one VDO FA70272 died - fan #1 had bearing noise and fan#2 was completely dead.
Good news: O’Reilly Auto Parts covered under warranty and gave me $38 because the price had gone down (glad the price of something has gone down!).
Bad news: went for a short drive to get temps up got a vibration once the fans came on….
I have a lot of other more fun things to be doing to this car - don’t want to do this job over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7581 - 7600 of 7629 Posts