LX Forums Forum banner
7561 - 7580 of 7629 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
When I purchased my factory 300C SRT8 rims for my conversion, the one thing that they didn't come with was a set of the factory center caps. I searched several online Mopar parts stores, and they are all discontinued. I did find a Mopar parts website in Canada showed them in stock, but my order for them was cancelled three days later as they were no longer available.

I purchased a set of generic chrome plastic center caps in 50mm, which from my measurements looked to be the right size. They were, but the inside lip of the center bore is not flat but angled. After a bit of tinkering and reprofiling with the Dremel tool I was able to get them to pop on and stay! These will work until I can find a decent factory set.

Without the Caps

Beveled Edge added

Before on the left, beveled edge on the right. It's not a lot, but just enough to get it to squeeze on.

After Installation

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,443 Posts
Drove to the other end of the metropolis to pick up some SRT midpipes from a forum member. The pieces are coming together...

·
1,443 Posts

T

Took my front suspension apart, burned out the upper & lower control arm bushings and replaced with Energy Suspension, pressed out lower shock bushings and replaced with Whiteline, installed Moog police inner &outer tie rod ends, put the upper arms back in and called it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: doublechaz

·
Registered
853 Posts
Done a lot recently over the last month or two. Can't even remember it all at this point but here's a few more recent.

Added flashlogic flrsch4 remote start just today

Didnt get a pic but it's all wired in purty and 3m taped to the nag tcm left in the dash.

Fixed cracks in front defrost trim by plastic welding, Bondo filler and paint to get it as close as possible; it was pretty beat up and with the age of the plastic plus the texture it's impossible to plastic weld and get it close to original. Looks alright and doesn't rattle though now!

Retinted a few of the LEDs from bob's work a couple years back that had faded a bit

Far right led's are what they should be, others were faded as you can see.

Replaced the clock spring, sure is nice to have turn signals auto cancel now. Haven't had it that way since I got the car. Tab that cancels was totally gone.

At the same time of the clock spring, replaced steering wheel with a srt one with leather\chrome and swc

Changed the airbag cover emblem background to yellow to match the color scheme I have going on

Replaced stock non nav radio with android aftermarket that fit immaculately in the original dash trim. Came with absolutely everything and was essentially plug and play after running wires for nav antenna and camera the way I wanted. Also gave me backup camera, and navigation ability that I added as well since it came with a nav antenna, and backup camera that's great quality video. I love it.

Also changed up the exhaust setup and got rid of some drone that hit right at 2350 rpm and was obnoxious as hell. Aligned the twin Corvette tips on the rear with the cutouts in the bumper I had to make.

No pics of those yet cause I wanted to touch up the black paint on them first.

I feel like there's more lol but this is the biggest impacting things that I remember right now for me. Now all I need is to get and set up the auto HVAC system so I can always have the perfect temperature car without having to pay so much attention to the temperature next time I drive the car then srt seats out of something newer since I have the basic cloth seats and the cloth is wrinkling on the driver side and has some cigarette burn holes on the passenger side.

Sent from my LE2117 using Tapatalk

·
1,443 Posts
Replaced stock non nav radio with android aftermarket that fit immaculately in the original dash trim. Came with absolutely everything and was essentially plug and play after running wires for nav antenna and camera the way I wanted. Also gave me backup camera, and navigation ability that I added as well since it came with a nav antenna, and backup camera that's great quality video. I love it.

Lots of nice mods Ultimagic. Where did you get the radio? Do you have a model number? Thats on my list - mostly for the backup cam!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Lots of nice mods Ultimagic. Where did you get the radio? Do you have a model number? Thats on my list - mostly for the backup cam!
SWTNVIN Android 10 Car Stereo Navigation Fit for Jeep Wrangler Dodge Chrysler 2GB RAM 32GB ROM LD Touch Screen Multimedia Indash DVD Player support GPS Bluetooth Wifi Steering Wheel with Backup Camera Amazon.com

·
Registered
187 Posts
SWTNVIN Android 10 Car Stereo Navigation Fit for Jeep Wrangler Dodge Chrysler 2GB RAM 32GB ROM LD Touch Screen Multimedia Indash DVD Player support GPS Bluetooth Wifi Steering Wheel with Backup Camera Amazon.com

This thing keeps all the other stuff happy? My MyGiG is acting up and I drove the car with it disconnected. While it was disconnected my auto climate and windows didn't work. If the car's computers didn't like this unit and lost functions that would be a deal breaker. Mine is 2009 300.

·
Registered
853 Posts
This thing keeps all the other stuff happy? My MyGiG is acting up and I drove the car with it disconnected. While it was disconnected my auto climate and windows didn't work. If the car's computers didn't like this unit and lost functions that would be a deal breaker. Mine is 2009 300.
Don't have auto HVAC, but windows work fine. No issues anywhere from what I can tell

·
1,443 Posts

Finished up my front end rebuild and front Brembo swap. Energy Suspension control arm bushings,
Whiteline lower shock bushings, Moog lower ball joints, tension rods, and police inner & outer tie rod ends, StopTech braided lines.
Need to tidy up a bit and put fender wells back in after this pic. Drove it today and feels great, tight, very responsive, no squeaks!

·
1,443 Posts

Dropped off a NAG1 core at Westminster Transmission to do their magic on. Will have it all ready to go when I put my 6.1 in.

·
Not the Momma
3,206 Posts

Dropped off a NAG1 core at Westminster Transmission to do their magic on. Will have it all ready to go when I put my 6.1 in.

What are they going to do to it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
1,443 Posts
What are they going to do to it?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Build it up to handle 6.1 + ProCharger.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Replaced the solenoid pack on the 42rle valve body and installed the transgo kit on it. Was having a rough time shifting from 1 to 2 like totally slipping out, and then sometimes would do fine but shifting down it would bang down. Luckily it decided to crap out when I left for work one day so I just backed it up and took the other car. Easier to do VB work on this trans than the nag. It's about a third the weight and less messy imo. Took about 4-5 hours since this was my first time with this trans.

Put it back in today and did an engine oil change at the same time with the Mopar oil filter. Test drove it and it feels better than before all this happened, even with being hyper vigilant during the drive.

Also reinstalled for the third time another underhood light. The OEM one literally melted twice with the halogen bulb and couldn't find a suitable LED replacement. Got an Amazon aftermarket replacement with a led board in it and a bunch of LEDs on it, and still has the open close sense for about 16 bucks on there. Worked great when doing the trans refill today. Only thing I really took a pic of.

Oh yeah and replaced the EGR tree under the hood by the PCM. Have yet to do the charcoal canister replacement mainly because I was too lazy to jack the ass end of the car up and take the fender liner off. Getting tired of seeing the gAScAp warning every time it gets super cold in the mornings.

7561 - 7580 of 7629 Posts