LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
stay modded, my friend...
1,547 Posts
Just got done installing my Eibach sway bars and Pedders tension strut bushings. Major handling improvement. Still waiting for backordered bump steer rack bushings...

·
1,547 Posts
Dropped by Blastin Bob's place to take advantage of the free installation special. Got the 4db kit. Added a little more tone and the 3 1/2" tips look perfect.
:racing:

·
1,547 Posts
Big day. Put in cam and headers. Just got done driving it a little. Can't stomp it till we dial the tune in but it feels strong.
Datalogging tomorrow...

·
1,547 Posts
painted the grill inserts last night along with the gauge rings and the shifter cubby hole. then removed the grill inserts today to sand a paint again some other day and painted the steering wheel inserts from the satin silver to flat charcoal
lets see some pics!:)

·
1,547 Posts

·
1,547 Posts
Installed BWoody front sway bar links purchased from a forum member.

·
1,547 Posts
Installed R1 Concepts premium front rotors and Posiquiet pads. No more shudder!
Old pads still had 40%+ left after 63k! Wanted to start fresh with the rotors, though.

·
1,547 Posts
replaced cam position sensor and key battery.

·
1,547 Posts
Dipped my rims black, repainted calipers red, put red inserts in the hemi badges, oil & filter change

·
1,547 Posts
changed transmission fluid & filter, replaced transmission pan with Mercedes pan (with drain plug), flushed out the rest of the old fluid, cleaned & oiled my K&N air filter, tightened an exhaust flange bolt, lubed the squeaky steering column boot, adjusted exhaust hangers to keep them from clunking on the crossmember strip.

·
1,547 Posts
Installed a radiator and cooling fans after my fan disintegrated and destroyed the radiator. No fun...

·
1,547 Posts
Replaced sparkplugs... Not too exciting.

·
1,547 Posts
rebuilt the rear half of my Magnum

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Rim Automotive exterior
Just finished swapping in a 3.06 Getrag, axles, hubs, guibo, Energy Suspension subframe bushings and differential mount bushings, rear brakes & rotors, rebuilt and repainted the rear calipers. Just drove it - what a difference! feels so solid now and pulls a lot harder than with the whining 2.82 one-legger and mushy bushings!

·
1,547 Posts
How bad was it to get those subframe bushings out? I have a set of poly bushings I've been putting off to install for about 2 years now now

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Its not a job for the timid, that’s for sure! The front two were more worn and easier to cut the rubber out with a sawzall.
The tough part is removing the old ones-the new ones press in by hand or a few taps with a hammer. I thought about making a press with allthread, tubing and washers but was having a tough time finding steel tubing in small quantities in 3.5â€� and 4.5â€� ID. The differential bushings came out very easily with a sledge hammer and 46mm Snap-on impact socketí ½í¸�. The subframe bushings made a huge difference. The car feels so solid and planted now.

·
1,547 Posts
I'm thinking about making a press as well but I'm also thinking about taking a torch and burning them out lol. It's the last thing I need to do to complete my suspension

If you make a press, they come out pretty easily (according to some videos I have seen) and you wont need to torch them. I took one of the fronts out with sawzall and hand chisel, just to see if it could be done-and yes it can. You have the bushings, do it! Your car will feel so much better! I guarantee you will feel like you accomplished something!

Reactions: Tikibeast

·
1,547 Posts
Honestly bro was it a pain the ass cause it took a lot of work or was it cause it seemed impossible? I don't mind spending an afternoon getting those suckers out as long as it seems like I can get it done with above avarage tool kit

Not impossible at all, but certainly a lot of work. but well worth it. If you are comfortable with a sawzall, you are fine. The press looks easier if you can get the parts together.

·
1,547 Posts
The pink thingy - park lock out mechanism - finally broke on my 2006 300c SRT8.

This "project" has been so long in the making I had to lookup when I bought this... I got the Billet Technology aluminum replacement part in 2012, so I have been driving around with it in my center console for 8 years! Luckily it broke in my garage and replacement wasn't a huge hassle, and my procrastination didn't make too much trouble for me.
There was a recall from Chrysler on that. Mine broke around 2010 and I put the Billet one in. A few years later I received the recall notice - i told Chrysler that I had replaced it and so they sent me the 30 bucks or so to cover the BT part. A couple years ago I was in for air bag recall and the dealer still showed recall for the pink thingy, but i declined as the BT was doing fine.

·
1,547 Posts
Today was spark plugs and compression check. A couple cylinders getting a little tired at 175k on the odometer, but still running strong. Time to see what I want to do for my next engine.

·
1,547 Posts
Replaced my evap purge solenoid and lines - can you feel the excitement?
Hope the gas cap codes quit now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1,547 Posts
Got mine washed with the top option wash. Got home and found that it got the roof and doors clean. So I washed the rest of it again by hand.
Wow, can you imagine what you would have got with their budget wash!:banghead:

Reactions: Tikibeast
1 - 20 of 60 Posts