LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Put a solar battery minder on mine. It's from Amazon, so I hope it isn't China junk. Open circuit voltage and short circuit current seemed to be in spec. I didn't check if the backflow diode was legit.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Hey, I'm cheap like that. The good side to it is I paid off my house in 4 years.

What I did to my 300 today is try to drive it. It let me down again. Battery too flat to crank. That in spite of having a 1.8 watt solar battery minder on it. Either the minder is crap, or the car draws more than half a watt all the time.

In a little while I'll take a different car and the battery to Napa.

·
Registered
204 Posts
So my inventory was too high and I've been keeping my 300 at the office. The landlord there is kinda insane so I put a couple of our field tech door magnets on so he wouldn't tow it when no one was looking. BAD IDEA! I live in a cooler part of AZ, but the heat and sun completely bonded them to the door. I didn't do too much damage getting them off, but I will have to buff a little.

Question: I hope GooGone is ok to use on the paint/clear? I cleaned up when I got done, but I think I can still smell it. Or maybe that is everything else around. But if there is some still left on the paint is it going to cheque or flake the clear?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Changed my oil.

Wow, that 3000 mile old oil looks worse than any 7500 mile oil I've ever seen. I hope that means my 3000 or less changes with premium oil are clearing out the results of the PO following the service manual. Otherwise it means this engine won't live much past 85000.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ever since I got my 300 I've been irritated by this mystery object on my kick panel that was really hacked in there with Ttaps and such. Worst install I've ever seen.

Turns out to be the "security" system that dealers put in to up sell even though the vehicle has an OE system. Reason seems to be that this is also a GPS tracker and a remote kill system in case you miss payments.

Don't need. Would not recommend.

For now I left the Ttaps alone until they completely destroy my interior wiring harness. Only solder for now was to repair the ignition wire.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I expect the same thing. I've had good washes there when I go off hours and I am the only one present, but this time I was squeezing it in during lunch and there was a line of about 20. I figure someone else got my wash. Still, if they can't keep their crap together I won't go back.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You mean the burled wood?

Want to start a war between Europe and the US, call Rolls Royce and call their stuff cheetah print. They can afford enough drones to blow up a lot before they work out their rage. ;)

·
Registered
204 Posts
That guy who needs the clip that holds the window to the regulator so he cuts the door trim in thirds, cuts all the wires, breaks the mounting ears off the modules, breaks the window glass, has a tool in the back pocket that tears the seat. F that guy.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts