LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Demolded and also took off the crappy aftermarket chrome pillar covers.

Thankfully a helpful YouTuber mentioned an 'eraser wheel' for the glue. Wasn't easy but would have been a nightmare without it!
Automotive side marker light Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Reactions: 07RT

·
Registered
46 Posts
Definitely better than the standard c seats. Found these in the same year 300c as my car, swapped the cushions, and everything worked!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got a crap off brand Chinese 8 core arm android head unit installed. Sounds decent. Took a bit to figure out that the Nav came with a trial map for just my state so it would crash if you tried to nav outside the map. Got Torque Pro loaded and set up. Maps set up for $30 for all of North America which is fine because my old standalone Nav wanted $120 for new maps. Seems to be a decent unit if it lives. I need something for a road trip next month. The rebooting MyGiG every 60 seconds just wasn't going to cut it.

The thing so far is setting a bunch of codes, but the HVAC controls, locks, and windows work in spite of the codes, so for now I will be able to live with it. We'll see if there is any support from the maker to get this right.

For the price and features compared to other stuff out there, I'm happy.
I've seen these around Fleebay and at Chrysler 300 Android Head Unit

Does this look like the same one? What kind of codes is it causing? Curious to see how this works out for you, I'd love to get Bluetooth calls and a back up camera working!

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is a different unit. Mine has physical buttons and knobs for some of the controls like volume, tuner, nav, and a slightly smaller screen to make room for the buttons.

The codes I'm getting are DDM lost comm with radio, PDM lost comm with radio, HVAC lost comm with radio, I think there was one or two others all of the lost comm with radio type. I don't have the list handy just now, but at least the BCM is talking to the radio or I expect it would set CEL and limp. It shows when doors are open, and I expect if I had a backup camera that it would activate on R correctly. I don't have steering wheel buttons, so I don't know if that function would work. Depends if the SCM is one of the codes I'm getting.
Got it. Good luck sorting it out!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Wheel swap on the twins. Now I have to decide if I can live with the 22s on the SRT at stock height...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Sorry, post corrected. Was cover only and I got from dealer. They mentioned that they would not be able to order anymore so I would doubt if the GEN 1 factory covers were still available. You might have to get an auto upholstery shop to refinish or buy something like a katzskin cover.
Got it. Looks good, always loved the red interior.

Reactions: BryGuy

·
Registered
46 Posts
After 2 sets of ****ty ebay corner lights, and probably 3 months of waiting, I finally got a set that fit. Thank goodness. Icing on the cake is the led lights.
Hood Grille Car Vehicle Grey

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: 07RT
1 - 14 of 14 Posts