LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LX Newbie
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopping by to say hello everyone! I've been lurking for a while, great forum, lots of information.
I met WBORNIO at the Chick Fil A meet last Friday, and his story of how he bought his car just made me so envious he paid less for his Magnum R/T than I did for my 300 Touring. Argggghhhhh! But congrats WBORNIO! Were I as clever as you.
A few folks went to the Franklin Park Thunder Cruise In yesterday in Purcellville, VA. I posted pics on the other forum.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
rickgonz!

Welcome! It was nice meeting you on Friday... I almost made the car show yesterday, but stayed in.. How about a link to the other thread w/ pics (or where to see them)!

I did get a fantastic deal on my Maggie. I needed a car and was simply in the right place at the right time.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
rickgonz said:
Stopping by to say hello everyone! I've been lurking for a while, great forum, lots of information.
I met WBORNIO at the Chick Fil A meet last Friday, and his story of how he bought his car just made me so envious he paid less for his Magnum R/T than I did for my 300 Touring. Argggghhhhh! But congrats WBORNIO! Were I as clever as you.
A few folks went to the Franklin Park Thunder Cruise In yesterday in Purcellville, VA. I posted pics on the other forum.
The 300s are just naturally more expensive than the Magnum - more comes standard on them. Back when I still had my Magnum on order, I worked it out in a post here.

Basically, when I added the options to my Magnum to match the standard features on the 300 (plus the remaining options not covered), the 300 was about $750 more IIRC.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Went back and found my post:

67alecto said:
It's all preference. Maybe some people don't like wagons or don't need the extra room.

As far as the price differences, I was scratching my head on this as well - then I realized that the 300C has much more standard features than the Magnum.

A few examples.

Standard on the 300c:
Steering mounted audio controls (Magnum has to order the Electronic Convenience Group)
Dual Power Seats (Magnum has to order the Conveniece GROUP II)
Dual Zone Air Conditioning (Magnum has to order Convenience GROUP II)

This takes the Magnum's price to $32,050.
A 300c with no additional options has a base of $33,495.

That's close enough for government work. It just comes down to preference.

·
LX Newbie
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks 67alecto, I worked it out somewhat also and actually there's a Dodge dealer right across from where I got the 300. I think Chrysler's still making a small distinction with their two brands - used to be that the Plymouth was their mass market brand, Chrysler was their top brand and Dodge was somewhere in the middle. The way they do it is by de-contenting certain things, as you explained it they put more standard stuff into the 300Cs.

We (of course had the wife with me) looked at Magnums and Chargers. I guess if I really wanted the Hemi engine bad enough at a comparable price, I would have gone for a Charger R/T with no options. I used partner pricing which is 1% under invoice with $1,000 in Chrysler Finance incentive back in June & paid $26,750 before taxes for a 300Touring with 3.5L V6.

All I've got is side airbags, sunroof and Sirius. I would've been almost close to no options Charger R/T at $27,800. wbornio paid less than that for his Magnum R/T Hemi! But hey, it's still good. The Brits pay $48,000 for their 300C 3.0L CRDs and 3.5Ls. And the 300C 5.7L costs them $61,000. OUCH! So it's all relative, and I still feel so fortunate I have such a great car. Smiling on the way to work in the morning, and smiling on the way home! Finding excuses to drive - oh, yeah got to get $40 from the ATM, you need milk hon? :grin:

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
Welcome to you from the Pacific NW. Glad you could make it. Thanks for the link to the pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.