LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
LX Newbie
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what cars/trucks/SUVs to look out for it one should happen to see if theirs can go faster than mine?

TIA

·
the Matador is coming
56 Posts
so far I have had only 1 truck hand me my lunch (and dinner too)..... but it was a Ram SRT-10. If I'm in the mood to race not much gets by me.

·
My other cars has 2 wheels
425 Posts
there's a lot of cars out there that will smoke us. My worst nightmare was a GTO 6.1 driven by a girl:sad:
a2fire2i said:
I was just wondering what cars/trucks/SUVs to look out for it one should happen to see if theirs can go faster than mine?

TIA

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
My Mach was faster than us for sure (as well as a lot of other cars too :p)

·
No longer sporting dual R/T's!
9,301 Posts
Watch out for diesel pickups and anything with a super/turbo-charger whine to it.

and those pesky Crown Vic's with the light bars :)

Mike

·
Threadkiller.........see?
3,099 Posts
New Mustang GTs will give a great heads-up race.
GM V8 F-bodies.
Ford F150 Lightnings.
Like MikeEast said, chipped turbo-diesel pickups can make us work a lot harder than we'd expect to.
LX SRT-8's :mrgreen:

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
Redfox0099 said:
GTOs have a 6.0
The newer ones do. The first year (or two?) had the 5.7L.

·
Huge Member
782 Posts
Well, anything thats quicker than a 14.0 is pretty much quicker than a stock Magnum R/T. Now with your small exhaust mods what are you running? High 13s? Unfortunately, there are a LOT of cars that run quicker than that. Most dont weigh 4400lbs though.:wink:

·
Bane of Zombiehood
1,861 Posts
MikeEast said:
Watch out for diesel pickups and anything with a super/turbo-charger whine to it.

and those pesky Crown Vic's with the light bars :)

Mike
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=36818

Pesky Crown Vic=:eek:wned:
just remember you can't out run the radio...maybe the helicopter if you 86 the gov...but not the radio

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
It is more about the driver, rather than the power of the car. If you are a crappy driver, even a Viper won't help ya. I have beaten and a '05 GTO, and WRX STi, though they supposed to whoop me. It is about proper launch control and not letting that adrenaline get you, since you stop thinking at that point.
Also remember, you are mortal, so sometimes winning is not worth it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.