LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I’ve been waiting for it to “cool down” so I could figure out where my water leak is coming from. Anyway water is dripping from the drivers rear of the headliner. So I dropped the headliner down and water is leaking at the left rear corner of the track where the guides/slides meet the plastic drain assets are. So first step I cleaned all the drains and tested. Still leaking. So I removed the sunroof frame assem from the vehicle and sealed up where the aluminum track meets the plastic drain assem. on the top and bottom and let it sit overnight. So this morning I came out, plugged the drain, poured water into the drain channel and let it sit for about 30 mins. No leaks on either side!! I then reinstalled the track assem, water tested it and it leaking in the same spot. WTF? Somehow water is getting into the inside channel, where the slides are located and then leaking from there. I made sure to seal off between the inner and outer channels. Any help would be greatly appreciated before I pull out my sledgehammer and give this thing a reason to leak!!!

• Wow
Reactions: Curious Joe

·
Registered
2020 300s 5.7 Alloy Edition
84 Posts
So I’ve been waiting for it to “cool down” so I could figure out where my water leak is coming from. Anyway water is dripping from the drivers rear of the headliner.

So I dropped the headliner down and water is leaking at the left rear corner of the track where the guides/slides meet the plastic drain assets are. So first step I cleaned all the drains and tested. Still leaking. So I removed the sunroof frame assem from the vehicle and sealed up where the aluminum track meets the plastic drain assem. on the top and bottom and let it sit overnight. So this morning I came out, plugged the drain, poured water into the drain channel and let it sit for about 30 mins.

No leaks on either side!! I then reinstalled the track assem, water tested it and it leaking in the same spot. WTF? Somehow water is getting into the inside channel, where the slides are located and then leaking from there. I made sure to seal off between the inner and outer channels.

Any help would be greatly appreciated before I pull out my sledgehammer and give this thing a reason to leak!!!
No issues with my 300's panoramic moonroof to date - still under warranty. Fortunately, we have a couple of first class auto accessory shops, both with good reps regarding moonroof issues - one of which I have substantial experience with. They recently installed a moonroof in my 2019 Ranger Lariat. If I do have issues with my 300, I'll find out if the dealer uses an outside shop. Otherwise, I'll take 300 to my preferred shop as I know they are capable of fixing the situation right the first time.

My 2019 Lariat:

Plant community Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Plant

Cloud Sunroof Car Motor vehicle Vehicle

Sunroof Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Window

Vehicle White Car Window Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: Curious Joe

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
New sunroof seal and realignment took care of it!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts