LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One morning I left home to work and unfortunately got a speeding ticket approx. 1000 ft from where I left (pulled over at the 3rd stop sign, supposedly going 60 kmh in a 30 kmh (approx. 35 mph in a 20 mph)residential zone at 6h30 AM ...). Fine=156 $, 2 pts, «cheap shot» I thought after doing my stops so well as always. I thought he wanted to have a better look at my car as the sound is so deep when the engine is still cold ...:blah:

My point is, as I restarted, all the warning lights stayed on for the rest of the trip, about 30 km (20 m) farther. I know the engine wasn't warmed up when I stopped the first time but it's the first (and only) time I experienced it and it was 2 weeks ago. There were no other sign of malfunction or whatever. Hopefully I had my camera with me and took some pictures. When I stopped at my destination, I restarted it to check what would happen and all the lights went off as usual. Did somebody ever experience it ? Is it time to go to the dealership and ask for a reflash ? Thanks for your help.

 

·
LX Padiwan
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ratman1648 said:
looks similar to when you pull fuse 17, so I would say check your fuses
OK, I'll do. Maybe it was a condensation (humidity) issue as the night temperature went somewhat low and the morning temperature was rapidly rising up.
 

·
Black Charger 06
Joined
·
1,559 Posts
Duh your in canada

intruder99 said:
One morning I left home to work and unfortunately got a speeding ticket approx. 1000 ft from where I left (pulled over at the 3rd stop sign, supposedly going 60 kmh in a 30 kmh (approx. 35 mph in a 20 mph)residential zone at 6h30 AM ...). Fine=156 $, 2 pts, «cheap shot» I thought after doing my stops so well as always. I thought he wanted to have a better look at my car as the sound is so deep when the engine is still cold ...:blah:

My point is, as I restarted, all the warning lights stayed on for the rest of the trip, about 30 km (20 m) farther. I know the engine wasn't warmed up when I stopped the first time but it's the first (and only) time I experienced it and it was 2 weeks ago. There were no other sign of malfunction or whatever. Hopefully I had my camera with me and took some pictures. When I stopped at my destination, I restarted it to check what would happen and all the lights went off as usual. Did somebody ever experience it ? Is it time to go to the dealership and ask for a reflash ? Thanks for your help.

I was looking at your speedo and thought wow that car can do 220mph:rock: sick. kh/h that is :)
 

·
LX Padiwan
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BlackCharger06 said:
I was looking at your speedo and thought wow that car can do 220mph:rock: sick. kh/h that is :)
Yep. Don't know why the 2005 Magnum RT speedos are limited at 220 kmh (approx 140 mph) instead of 260 kmh (app. 160 mph). I think it was the same speedo for all 2005 models (Magnum SE, SXT and RT) in 2005 here in poor Canada. Was it an economy issue at DC ?
 

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
Joined
·
24,673 Posts
speed is limited because they sold it with crappy tires.
 

·
rice eatin bad azz wagon
Joined
·
940 Posts
Did they go out on next restart. I had mine all come on once and wouldnt go out. Turned it off and restarted it, all went out, never did it again.
 

·
LX Padiwan
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
rogerdoger said:
Did they go out on next restart. I had mine all come on once and wouldnt go out. Turned it off and restarted it, all went out, never did it again.
Exactly the same for me, they all went out as usual at the next restart.
 

·
LX Padiwan
Joined
·
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Super T said:
speed is limited because they sold it with crappy tires.
I agree with you on that matter. I'll finish my 2nd Summer season with the original Contis only for economical reason. New real performance summer tires are planned for 2007.

I have to admit I enjoy my Winter Contis though (TS790 Wintercontact 225/60-18, V rated).
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top