LX Forums Forum banner
181 - 200 of 223 Posts

·
Mopar! OH YEA!!!
3,060 Posts
Oh? well do share... The files downloaded from dealerconnect or techauthority and not compatible with cda unless they are somehow converted. If you have a way or know of a way ,I'll owe you a big sloppy kiss !!!:latchon:
Just one? Lol

There's ways to save the flash file when downloading them from tech authority. But I didn't say that it was compatible with CDA.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've had no issues with mine other than the WCM. Had to use the WiTech for that as my CDA won't detect the module for some reason. Assume the last of files as you have experienced. Annoying having to flick between devices but at least the job gets done in the end. Managed to reconfigure for auto lights, smart beam, DRL location, disable the alarm & ultrasonics etc etc so far & next on the agenda is sussing out the retrofitted heated rear seats

·
Registered
275 Posts
I've had no issues with mine other than the WCM. Had to use the WiTech for that as my CDA won't detect the module for some reason. Assume the last of files as you have experienced. Annoying having to flick between devices but at least the job gets done in the end. Managed to reconfigure for auto lights, smart beam, DRL location, disable the alarm & ultrasonics etc etc so far & next on the agenda is sussing out the retrofitted heated rear seats
It's wierd because even witech 2.0 has issues identifying some of the earlier wcm's like in the 05-06 range. We had to go back to using our old starscan on some cars there for a while. (I work at a dealer service department). If you turn the central gateway filter off and select the wcm model manuallly does it work that way? Or do you just not have the correct wcm .eng file? If you know which variant/version you have I'll look and see if I got that file for you ...

·
Registered
180 Posts
If your only looking to change configuration on your own personal vehicle or two i'd look at that program out by appcar Appcar DiagFCA - diagnostic tool - Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Ram
it has alot of the features that cda has and can be used with a cheap elm interface. You can buy licenses for each vehicle for like 50 bucks each. I bought a vector cancardxl and transciever cables and a older laptop, not really worth the money compared to other options. Also older firmware witech vci pod china clones work with cda also, and you can use them offline for diagnostics, better deal if you ask me. If your looking to flash software you would need the vci pod or a vector card setup with the cda software , assuming you can get a hold of the flash files. What are you trying to do may i ask?
Unfortunately most of the commercial tools that are out there (AutoEnginuity was the only one until a few months ago) have limited or no support for the older vehicles. When I first started working with PowerNet there were no real options at all since CDA didn't support them, but now it's flipped and the PowerNet stuff is better supported.

Everything in my current fleet is PowerNet, and I've managed to do all the stuff I was told was impossible when I first started. I built my own programming tool and for a time I had the only regular cab RAM in the world with cooled seats and auto climate. Even though I don't have my older vehicles any longer, I'm revisiting that world because I'm trying to help a friend do some OEM upgrades.

I already have all the latest Vector stuff (about $5k worth) because I'm a firmware engineer and heavily involved with CAN. I really didn't want to shell out the money for a clone pod because the other functionality is of limited use to me. But, I've been trying to get CDA to see the interface and it won't. My suspicion is that CDA was programmed to look for a specific set of hardware available at the time rather than any compatible Vector interface, and that is why it won't see it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's wierd because even witech 2.0 has issues identifying some of the earlier wcm's like in the 05-06 range. We had to go back to using our old starscan on some cars there for a while. (I work at a dealer service department). If you turn the central gateway filter off and select the wcm model manuallly does it work that way? Or do you just not have the correct wcm .eng file? If you know which variant/version you have I'll look and see if I got that file for you ...
Cool thanks for that. yeah sorry, i meant starscan; I was surviving on 3 hours sleep when I typed that lol. Mine is 05 so that would make sense. Yeah, tried that but looks like the eng is missing for my specific one. Where abouts would you source them from? I have access to all the dealer connect stuff this end so could possibly get them myself if I know where to look.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Boom!

I don't have a diagnostic port cable here nor a compatible car, so I can't test any further. But, I have to think this is a very good sign.

·
Registered
180 Posts
yep as thats detecting the tool, it does indeed look promising. Good work & keep us posted once tested. Looking at the picture, it says VN1611; does that mean you are still using Vector hardware then?
Correct. That is using a modern USB-based Vector interface - the VN1611. I took it a step further and went to the "Bus Logger" tab. I connected to a CAN network I have setup on my desk and was able to see all the traffic. While it isn't Chrysler messages, it verifies that the tool and the application are communicating and that gives me a lot of hope.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Very cool we can now add the vector vn1611 to the list of useable interfaces. I've seen other vector interfaces used with cda 6 , but figured it would not work with the older version 5. I can only assume the hardware key in cda has not changed with vector products.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
Very cool we can now add the vector vn1611 to the list of useable interfaces. I've seen other vector interfaces used with cda 6 , but figured it would not work with the older version 5. I can only assume the hardware key in cda has not changed with vector products.....
I had to modify the DLL that CDA is using in order to get it to work. I believe that CDA is just using the Vector PassThruXL library and the API (hopefully) hasn't changed much, but the DLL needs to be updated in order to know how to interface the API level to the new hardware. I have a lot of tools and drivers installed on my work PC because I use Vector CAN stuff every day. I'm going to start from scratch on my garage laptop and see what I can figure out.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had to modify the DLL that CDA is using in order to get it to work. I believe that CDA is just using the Vector PassThruXL library and the API (hopefully) hasn't changed much, but the DLL needs to be updated in order to know how to interface the API level to the new hardware. I have a lot of tools and drivers installed on my work PC because I use Vector CAN stuff every day. I'm going to start from scratch on my garage laptop and see what I can figure out.
Hmm, if you get some time mind making a little tutorial on how to update that dll for us less computer savvy people ??

·
Registered
40 Posts
well meganz accounts are free, don't know how big files yahoo mail allows, anyways if anyone wants links to the versions I have here are the links
MEGA (12.01.63)
MEGA (12.01.109)
MEGA (13.02.34)
MEGA (16.05.15)
MEGA (17.01.18)
I have some old starmobile software too but haven't uploaded it yet.
Thanks for uploading this,now I am going to read the entire thread....can use some advice, been wanting to add trunk opening feature from a 4 button keyfob on my Magnum. Is this software able to do this? Thanks in advance, James

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for uploading this,now I am going to read the entire thread....can use some advice, been wanting to add trunk opening feature from a 4 button keyfob on my Magnum. Is this software able to do this? Thanks in advance, James
No, you need the software from post #32 in this thread. That stuff I uploaded was older version witech 1.0 software that use to be used at dealers, its outdated stuff now.

·
Mopar! OH YEA!!!
3,060 Posts
No, you need the software from post #32 in this thread. That stuff I uploaded was older version witech 1.0 software that use to be used at dealers, its outdated stuff now.
It's outdated but is great for members like myself who are still in love with 05-10 LX's

·
Registered
275 Posts
Eh, ya never know someone might want it , a lot of times with new updates they take features out . So I like to hold on to older versions just in case. I actually have a crack for witech 1.0 that allows it to still work if people get the device not registered error, you just click out of the error and it allows you to connect. I'll edit that post and put it up also. Post 139 updated.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Cool thanks for that. yeah sorry, i meant starscan; I was surviving on 3 hours sleep when I typed that lol. Mine is 05 so that would make sense. Yeah, tried that but looks like the eng is missing for my specific one. Where abouts would you source them from? I have access to all the dealer connect stuff this end so could possibly get them myself if I know where to look.
>
.eng files are not on dealerconnect, I got a collection of them from a "guy". If you go into the wcm it should identify the actual variant and version of the controller your in at the top of the screen, give me that number (should be something like 41 03) and I'll dig thru my stuff for you and send it to you .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, Is there anyone who could have engine files and gwconfig for vehicles newer than 2009? Files that are into installation folder doesn’t appear to be as the right ones for my car, identification file says it was released in 2009, I assume there most by an update package or something. Am I wrong?

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
I just tried with a Chinese Micropod II and it is asking for a Pubic Key :( Well I may break down and buy an older vci pod clone. The junkyard is full of these cars so I am not really too concerned about making a mistake as replacement parts are available.

The other similar tool, Appcar DiagFCA, sounds like someone has basically taken the CDA tool, probably a much newer version, repackaged it, while locking it to one single VIN and is now selling it. That is okay I guess but I would rather be able to use it on more than one car.

181 - 200 of 223 Posts