Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other not listed---Please put in forum post

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
"Dude, give me your tots!"
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure I am setting this up right but I am curious what us 3.5l engines want the most for aftermarket performance mods. Lets find out whats most wanted might help determine what our priority should be..:rock:

·
Think About It...
252 Posts
I would love to see a set of headers made available. Usually a good set will provide up to 30hp. Add intake full exhaust and morpheus and we will be well over 200 whp.

·
LX Newbie
52 Posts
I think the most important thing is something like Morpheus to be able to adjust settings. Without this, we can't get the full effect of the mods anyway.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well from what the news is that will be available by the end of the year so this is really to see what us 3.5 people want first when that comes around.. I really want a super charger but that would also require a free flow exhaust. I plan to buy zoomers before the end of the year then hope that some headers show up on the market or I will just have some of the prowler guys make them but they charge around a 1000 dollars..

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SuperCharger and Headers its a tie as of now. :rock:

·
SXT WITH BIG DREAMS
392 Posts
I would really like to see some headers made for the 3.5. A header and Duel Zoomers exhaust combinations will make the 3.5L sound like a beast!

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anybody know where we can locate a custom header builder or where we can locate some Prowler Headers? I would bet the prowler headers would come close to bolting up. Anyway lets all explore this option.. When Morpheus comes out and I get it I am going to have some talks with procharger.com since they are located here in Kansas City. I might try to talk to them and figrue what charger woudl work and then have some brackets fabbed up so I can run one. I already have talked to them and they make a universal v-6 Supercharger but since we dont have morpheus yet we cant tell the car its there so it would mess everything up. Anyway I say lets all work together on trying to find someone to make us some headers. Once we have one made we could have the building custom make a Jig and then we can make them for everyone. Please post any contacts you guys might have and we will see if we can find someone that can build a set to test. It would be nice cause if they didnt work we could just reinstall our factory headers and be back to stock.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BUMP----Keep Voting... If you know any 3.5 guys tell them to come vote.. This will help gauge what a vendor should produce after Morpheus <--- maybe wishful thinking but you never know..

·
LX Padiwan
386 Posts
Man, only a few of us were actually willing to contribute for the cores on the ported & polished heads feeler. (And to those who were willing without hesitation, thank you.) & that would have set the bar for vendors taking us V6ers seriously. I think at this point we'll be lucky to see any major bolt ons come to fruition.

:blah:

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
Gameboy said:
Man, only a few of us were actually willing to contribute for the cores on the ported & polished heads feeler. (And to those who were willing without hesitation, thank you.) & that would have set the bar for vendors taking us V6ers seriously. I think at this point we'll be lucky to see any major bolt ons come to fruition.

hence, my decision to stop throwing money into my car. by the time anything comes out, my car will be almost 3 years old. i'm done. i think imma save for the challenger

·
&quot;Dude, give me your tots!&quot;
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well i think the head polishing is a little hard. I would have been more interested but you are talking about taking apart my engine and sending parts to messed with and then sending them back to test with no garuntee.. I think the header idea is a great place to start. Someone can take a OEm manifold and make some headers probably just by looking at it and then we could test fit and run some dyno tests.. Anyway my opinion is when Morpheus comes out it will open up alot of doors. Right now I see the vendors point in not making anything why would you if you cant get the car to know its there. It would be waste of money cause the car would run like crap. Keep you hopes up and soon we will have some stuff. Chrysler sells to many of the 3.5 to not make anything.. its almost 50/50 hemis compared to v-6's on the road. I would like to see the says comparision between the to models and then that would tell me more whether a vendor should make something. Anyway guys lets keep optimistic and I really think we should persure the header idea until Morpheus comes out. Then its on to bigger and better things.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
IMO, any performance addons at this point are a moot point until Morpheus comes out. I think you'll find until the computer is cracked that it will continue to adaptive learn to bring itself back down to its normal settings. Unlike the old days of tinkering with timing etc, we have our hands tied until that can be done via the computer. Dont get me wrong, I'd love a set of headers and a cam and heads.... BUT its a waste of cash at this stage.

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah but we can atleast all get together and see what we want first.. So keep voting. (-; Okay I am actually typing to bump this up on the V-6 listing. Lowering my beast tomorrow morning I cant wait.. I am debating whether I want to celebrate by drinking during install or if I should wait till after so the wheels dont fall off. :rock: :friday:

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
Gameboy said:

That's because we shouldn't have to pay for someones development, or for one of our fine friends to get a free pair of heads. I'd gladly pay for the product, but I'm not paying for anyones development. If I were, I'd throw $100 at microsoft, or Mobil, or Pepsi... See where I'm coming from?

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That is the beauty of the Voting it dosent cost you anything you just say what you want and maybe if we get enough votes up there it will show some vendors that hey we have over 200 people wanting headers or other items. Maybe we should make those and front the money oursleves and not ask for these guys to pay out of thier pocket. See my point here?

·
Premium Member
7,643 Posts
I see your point. I was trying to shut down gameboys attempts to get this thread abyssed like the last one was.

I voted, was really torn between headers and turbo. In the end since it's "first" I opted for turbo.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
the feeler wasnt out there to get some one to pay for the r&d work. they where for some one who wanted ported heads. an set of cores where needed for the work to be started of course.
i think you got the facts a little twisted on that head porting thing.

steve

·
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yes but I dont think I can edit the list.. I guess if you want Camshaft lets just have that the OTHER category..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.