LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Recovering mod addict
2,127 Posts

·
Where is my 707?
1,311 Posts
I went by JH's shop today..... and got to take a ride in the Jeep!

HOLY @#!%!!!!!

The driftbox showed a 3.9 0-60 time..... with John, myself, and Kelly from HEAT performance in the car!

The Jeep launch is something that needs to be felt to have an understanding of..... VIOLENT!

--Bo

·
<==XTRP8R===
599 Posts
Bo said:
I went by JH's shop today..... and got to take a ride in the Jeep!

HOLY @#!%!!!!!

The driftbox showed a 3.9 0-60 time..... with John, myself, and Kelly from HEAT performance in the car!

The Jeep launch is something that needs to be felt to have an understanding of..... VIOLENT!

--Bo
Cool beans! Are you gonna have JH do the turbo thingy to your ride, or are you looking for you a Jeep?

Hog

·
Where is my 707?
1,311 Posts
Hogward said:
Cool beans! Are you gonna have JH do the turbo thingy to your ride, or are you looking for you a Jeep?

Hog
Oh, how I would love to drive that Jeep every day!

Anyone that knows me knows I am a HUGE supporter of turbos.... so if I'm going to do much more to the car, the turbo is my next step.

--Bo

·
<==XTRP8R===
599 Posts
Bo said:
Oh, how I would love to drive that Jeep every day!

Anyone that knows me knows I am a HUGE supporter of turbos.... so if I'm going to do much more to the car, the turbo is my next step.

--Bo
Bo, will you build a bulletproof bottom end (forged pistons, forged I-beam rods, turbo grind cam, Stu's toner ring upgrade, bearing upgrade, etc.) before boosting it? And then what about your WA580 trans and converter? It's only rated for 580 nm which is about 428 lb-ft input. Next comes the old pumpkin, unless you already did the Quaife unit. Then comes the axles.

Sounds expensive, Bo. Really expensive. But fast!!! :racing:

·
Where is my 707?
1,311 Posts
Hogward said:
Bo, will you build a bulletproof bottom end (forged pistons, forged I-beam rods, turbo grind cam, Stu's toner ring upgrade, bearing upgrade, etc.) before boosting it? And then what about your WA580 trans and converter? It's only rated for 580 nm which is about 428 lb-ft input. Next comes the old pumpkin, unless you already did the Quaife unit. Then comes the axles.

Sounds expensive, Bo. Really expensive. But fast!!! :racing:
Building the motor would be the ONLY way to go! No need to cut corners, as many of the guys with the supercharger kit will say (some keep it quiet) that they end up having to build a motor anyway when they grenade theirs.
As for the tranny....... that IS an issue that will need to be addressed.... but has few answers right now. Based on the launch Kelly and I experienced yesterday, I'm not sure how long the tranny can hold up being exposed to that torture!

--Bo

·
<==XTRP8R===
599 Posts
Bo said:
Building the motor would be the ONLY way to go! No need to cut corners, as many of the guys with the supercharger kit will say (some keep it quiet) that they end up having to build a motor anyway when they grenade theirs.
As for the tranny....... that IS an issue that will need to be addressed.... but has few answers right now. Based on the launch Kelly and I experienced yesterday, I'm not sure how long the tranny can hold up being exposed to that torture!

--Bo
Oh, man!! When you decide to get started, just remember that I can hold a wrench for you and I don't live that far away.

For the transmission, there has to be something in the MB line that will take a lot more than the WA580 we have. Prolly need to look at the 5-speed auto in the Merc S65 AMG which is rated 604hp and 738 lb-ft of torque. I hope it will mate up to the 6.1 without much fuss. (Could it be that the WA580 is the same tranny, just different programming??????)

--Hog

·
America...fvck yeah!
5,397 Posts
Nice video. One second the Jeep is there, the next........it's way gone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.