LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Now we're talking.
12,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in front of a local restaurant yesterday waiting for them to finish my takeout order when I noticed something that angered me a bit. A family was leaving and heading out to the parking lot. Apparantly grandma does not walk too well and used the hood of a Lexus to hold herself up as she walked. She pressed down on the hood in several places. No one in her family bothered to help her by holding her arm. She probably should have had a walker or at least a crutch.

My question is what would you have done if she had used your hood as her crutch with you standing right there in front of her family and all? No matter what you say the family is going to be pissed at you.

Thank goodness it wasn't my car. I'm not sure what I would have said or done. You feel for the old woman but then again it's your car. Her family should have helped her more that's for sure.

·
Bane of Zombiehood
1,861 Posts
gotta right those wrongs man i second hardrock if it was practical for you to help out. however i feel it probably wasn't. i would have said something to the family. i've pissed off old ladies before lol what's one more? not that it matters but did she scratch the hood or dent it? yeah if a lady can't walk she should have a cane or a walker or soemthing. i know that to most old people that's the same thing as puting one foot in the grave though.

not really an easy answer to this one lol

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
you know my answer to this. fat, old, broken leg, no excuse. dont touch my car.

ahah just kiddin. if it was an old lady I probably wouldnt have said anything. you might have helped her but then she might have gotten mad that she didnt need any help. which might of been the reason why her family wasnt helping her in the first place.

·
Conspicuous Combustion . . .
6,084 Posts
Untenable situation -- no winners, but the family should have more sense --
if it were my car I would diplomatically confront (oxymoron in my case), and hope there was no damage to my car.:chill:
If there was damage, I would take names and insurance info -- they would have to make things right. :chill:
(But the more i think about this, I suspect the damage would be very minimal at worst):chill:

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
Oh ya, that's a no-win situation for sure. I'm just old & wise enough to understand that the laws of Karma prevail in that case. But I learned the hard way...

In a similar incident years ago, I, as a young punk, watched in utter amazement as an old man leaned up against, and set his beer can down on my nearly new, freshly waxed IROC Camaro. Bewildered and angered to the point where I could not see beyond the moment, I snapped out something to the effect of, "Hey, Pops - how about getting your a$$ and your beer off of my paint?!" At that moment the air around me chilled like a calm before a storm. Had I been able to objectively analyze the situation, I may have realized that a girlfriend's family reunion was probably not the best place to have reacted as I did. As it turns out, the old guy was Grandpa so & so, beloved family patriarch and benefactor (and supposedly worth millions according to family lore). Uh-oh... :sad:

Suffice it say, there was no recovery from that fumble.

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
lol so was this the future mrs. bipto's grandpa? if it was than im sure its something that gets laughed at now :p or not

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
ASU_Magnum said:
lol so was this the future mrs. bipto's grandpa? if it was than im sure its something that gets laughed at now :p or not
LOL - no, this was a girl that I dated briefly after college. IIRC, our relationship didn't go too far beyond that day. She refused to say anything in my defense (choosing instead to participate in the verbal a$$-whipping that the her grandfather and mother subjected me to), so I imagine she didn't get written out of Grandpa's will... :)

Luckily I can honestly say that, in hindsight, it was all just as well...

Mrs bipto does get a good chuckle out of that story though... :mrgreen:

·
Die hipster scum!
15,111 Posts
ZMagnum said:
Great story bipto. Did you really say "Hey Pops?"
Ah, ya - as I recall, that was pretty much verbatum... but hey - "Pops" had to have been better than some of my other options, right?:blam:

LOL - not my proudest moment...

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
ASU_Magnum said:
haha awesome story bipt.

alright I wanna hear how more of you would have handled the old lady
He would have thrown it in reverse and left her sprawled on the pavement as he drove by the rest of the family with his ass out the window.

Oh wait, that was me.

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
bipto said:
Ah, ya - as I recall, that was pretty much verbatum... but hey - "Pops" had to have been better than some of my other options, right?:blam:

LOL - not my proudest moment...
Actually, it sounds like a good family to not get involved with. I would have been falling all over myself appologizing for being so stupid as to set a beer can on someone's car. But, then to have mom and the girl give ya hell too... :sad:

It sounds like you did much better! :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Start er up with the remote starter and just LAUGH!!!!

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
Although courtious interaction with humans is becoming a thing of the past, I probably would of helped the old lady. I would hope that when I'm in a bad way, someone will offer me some assistance some day.

·
Stewed, Screwed, & Tattooed!
2,404 Posts
I would have most definatly FREAKED OUT, but I would have on the family. I would have kindly asked the old lady to please not touch my car. If no comply, well maybe a drop kick too the spleen. J/K, I would just slap her. J/K, maybe a body slam. HEHEHEHE.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.