LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
LX Newbie
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tow a Datsun 510 Race Car behind my Magnum RT. With all of my tools, trailer, and car, the weight adds up and sags the back of the car; naturally. I have lowered the car with the pro-kit, but that should not make that big of a difference. I am looking for a easy solution, Air shocks for the rear. My issue is no-one makes them. Do you all know of different models that the rear shock is similar to? Compressed and extended lengths, dia., load and mounting positions? I am desperate. If I can't find something soon I am going to have to ditch the car because I really need a daily driver with the ability to tow. If you guys have any ideas please let me know.

Kenneth
Valley Village CA.
05 Magnum RT
K&N Typhoon, Magnaflow, Superchip, Pro-Kit
71 Datsun 510 Race Car.

·
Chasing Dreams
3,354 Posts
Try a set of Nivomats that come on the srt-8's. They are self leveling.

·
Movin and shakin
1,900 Posts
He would have a back to front rake then... The Nivomats are not compatible with any spring other than the load leveling rear springs they come with from what I remember. The Nivomats assume a lorge portion of the suspension in the rear, no?

I have no personal experience with them and I haven't read anything about the Nivomats in a long time. Anybody that KNOWS please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

-Steve

·
LX Newbie
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I need is an air shock that I can just throw in 120psi when I am towing the load and take most of the air out for a normal ride when daily driving. Looks as if I will be calling Monroe and or Gabriel Monday for universal applications.

·
so many projects, so little money
6,331 Posts
does air lift make anything? just wondering aloud.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.