LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Black Charger R/T
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I have a question and I felt this would be the place to ask because the members here are so knowledgeable.
Does any one know how to make the trunk switch work only when the ignition key on or acc position is selected ? This would be necessary as part of the local certification of a Charger into a police car. The specs reads the trunk switch must turn on and off with the ignition key switch . Any help would be appreciated

·
What'd I miss?
23,444 Posts
unfortunately, this feature is part of vehicle build configuration. the switch is just an input to the CCN/cluster, which controls the latch release using a HSD (high side driver). unless the vehicle is configured for this application, it will take some Magivering to make it work the way you want.

you'll need to control the switch's ground path using an ingition power fed relay.

first, access the connector on the back of the switch. cut the ground wire (black/tan). install a normally open 5 pin relay. install cut wire from switch to pin 30 of relay. connect chassis ground wire (other end of black/tan wire) to pin 87. splice another wire to chassis ground wire and connect to pin 85 of relay. connect another wire to pin 86 and route it to the back of ignition switch. splice it to F20 circuit (live at key on/start). this circuit is in pin 3 (pink/white wire) of ignition switch connector. you'll also want to install an inline fuse to protect F20 circuit. 5 amps should be plenty.

hope this helps solve your conundrum.

·
Black Charger R/T
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow Thanks fnkychkn .You are definitely The LX man .I really appreciate the detailed answer .This information will come in handy for correcting the problem. Your knowledge of the lx is unbelievable . I apologize for the delay in answering . My computer was struck by lightning .I am using a computer at work to post this .

Thanks

58Hawk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.