LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
LX Newbie
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A local dealer still has 3 05 rts on the lot,2 new & 1 low mileage used.Now I am very happy with the sxt since the problems have been resolved, but I just thought if I could get a good deal on an rt I would do it.The sticker on the inferno red that I looked at was just over 35k,the best he would do is 31k,I pointed out that it is almost 2 years old new or not, but all I can figure is they must really like to look at those cars,because with a deal like that they will be looking at them for quite some time to come.When I bought this one a few months back the dealer that I got it from took almost 7k off the sticker as I recall.Maybe there were some incentives then but not now?Anyone else notice all the 05s that are still left out there?

·
Registered
570 Posts
quick01 said:
A local dealer still has 3 05 rts on the lot,2 new & 1 low mileage used.Now I am very happy with the sxt since the problems have been resolved, but I just thought if I could get a good deal on an rt I would do it.The sticker on the inferno red that I looked at was just over 35k,the best he would do is 31k,I pointed out that it is almost 2 years old new or not, but all I can figure is they must really like to look at those cars,because with a deal like that they will be looking at them for quite some time to come.When I bought this one a few months back the dealer that I got it from took almost 7k off the sticker as I recall.Maybe there were some incentives then but not now?Anyone else notice all the 05s that are still left out there?
Yes,the dealer I baught mine from still has an 05 AWD Silver Hemi stickered at 35 but will let it go for around 27 give or take.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
They're still arguably worth more than a new '06, due to the ridiculous powertrain warranty.

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
Don't forget the hood struts! lol I have an early build RT 05, now with 70,000 miles. DCX got it right the first year!

·
Mag RT AWD
1,959 Posts
I traded my two year old 05 R/T last month for an Inferno Red AWD R/T,new ,for $5,000. The new one was almost $6,ooo higher sticker though. They had it marked from $36,000 to $27,000. I had originally wanted the AWD,it wasn't available in 6-04 though. I wanted to retain the 7/70,000 warranty also.:not_worth

·
Formerly known as CANDYAPPLE
9,552 Posts
Hi all, just my 2 cents worth......I picked up a loaded 2005 Inferno Red Magnum SXT in mid June this year and had almost 10K knocked off the price. After six weeks and 3000 kilometers, have no problems to report. And yes, I do have hood hinges and no struts. It is a very early 2005, with the short side trim (nothing on the front fender) As reported earlier, there never has been an upcharge in Canada for Inferno Red (unlike the U.S.)

Cheers Candyapple

·
LX Newbie
552 Posts
If they will not lower the price then I would go somewhere else.

·
05 Magnum 6.1L Pro Street
2,052 Posts
themightye said:
If they will not lower the price then I would go somewhere else.
exactly - the car market sucks right now (at least in the N.E.) - the dealer isn't trying hard enough. they want to sell it enough, they'll sell behind invoice into hold back (usually 1.5 or 2% as a kick back from DCX)

The 07's are out, dealers need to move old inventory. Sheeeeet, i thought when my cars were 45 days old I had to move them, having a brand new 05 when the 07's are out. DOH!

·
Mopar Nut
175 Posts
Sounds crazy to me. Nobody wanted to make me a deal on an 05 last year at this time and most dealers had 06s showing up. Finally found one for about $3000 under invoice.
Now I've had dealers I visited a year ago calling me asking if I still wanted a Magnum and when I told them I already had one they asked if I wanted an 06. Guess they should have been willing to deal with me last year.

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
The '05 is the best buy at this time.
I'd like to just get one, wrap it up and store it, as mine has over 50K miles now!!

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
A recent Comparable Purchase

I bought this car at this price 2 months ago.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4647317663&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

it had 99 miles on it. I got the 7/70 warranty.

I had to drive 5 hrs to pick it up - but I saved a bunch.

EDIT: -After further review.... I missed out on this partcular car ... dealer had a 99 mile one - exactly the same (except no side Airbags and tan leather) that I got at this price - it was his LAST 05 Magnum on the lot.

·
Love my Mag
481 Posts
Wow. The dealer market is crazy now....I have been trying to make a deal on a Daytona Charger (2006) and with EPP it was 32K but they won't give me anything for my 05 Magnum SXT and here in Tn there aren't many Magnums on the dealer lots....they tell me they can't sell them???? I guess not at that price for a 05 ......31K....that is crazy.....

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
I just picked up my Magnum on Tuesday evening. It's an 05 -- and they had one more (a Vanilla STX). They also had one 06 Magnum that was 2K less than I paid, but no options.

Personally, I think it odd there are so many 05's still out there, but what do I know?

·
Mopar or no car
1,353 Posts
There's one at the dealer near by for 36k canadian (don't know how much = us) but i if i recall correctly i think i've seen one lower like 32k.

·
The Bird is the Word
2,258 Posts
quick01 said:
A local dealer still has 3 05 rts on the lot,2 new & 1 low mileage used.Now I am very happy with the sxt since the problems have been resolved, but I just thought if I could get a good deal on an rt I would do it.The sticker on the inferno red that I looked at was just over 35k,the best he would do is 31k,I pointed out that it is almost 2 years old new or not,

At those prices you better look around real good. During the EPP I got a 06 silver MagSRT (no options) for 34K walk out. The fully loaded ones were 38K.

I also helped 6 members from the 3CF get behind the wheel of a fully loaded 06, 300CSRT for 38.5K (gas guzzler tax included).

Send me a PM and let me see if I can find you a MagnumRT or look into MagSRT's. I believe my friend who is a GM, has 2 black MagSRT's left. Plus EPP got extended until the end of August.

·
2,052 Posts
djc208 said:
Sounds crazy to me. Nobody wanted to make me a deal on an 05 last year at this time and most dealers had 06s showing up. Finally found one for about $3000 under invoice.
Now I've had dealers I visited a year ago calling me asking if I still wanted a Magnum and when I told them I already had one they asked if I wanted an 06. Guess they should have been willing to deal with me last year.
case & point. when ur buying behind invoice, you are getting a smoking deal. Invoice they claim as "thier cost", but when they sell it at that, they get a 2% kick back on each car they sell - so a dealer REALLY motivated to sell a 05 willl go back into the "hold back" behind invoice & blow the car off. If you got 3k behind invoice - you have a good poker face. bravo.

·
2,052 Posts
the employee pricing program kicked the ass of the used car market. Thanks alot!

On the other hand, what im paying for used cars now is SO much less - can you can buy em new for cheaper!

The new car dealer is only doing a temporary fix for themself. When they offer Employee pricing and zero percent. You are moving your numers for that short time - and NOT MAKING ANY MONEY!! During the corse of a normal say 6% loan the Chrysler Financial would have make at least $4,000 = so they are loosing that, selling the cars at cost - just to free up inventory. It Facks up the market so bad.

They did this in 2001 after 9/11 to boost sales. Did they not learn that the zero percent doesn't make the fiance company ANY money? Initial sales are up, thats it!!! Damn, im tempted to go TORTURE a sales manager to sell me a new truck behind invoice, and then get zero percent. the money is for free!!!!

What do i know? hahahahha

·
LX Newbie
11 Posts
if only you where in canada...SXT are selling like hot cakes, but rt are a dime a dozen. My local dealer has an 06 RT with 3k miles (demo) for about 30% off MSRP. An other dealer has an MSRT8 for 40k CAD. (it list for 48.5 CAD). A few dealers have 05 rt's also.

Just wait for the 07's to come out (very soon).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.