LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LX Newbie
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to install a stage 2 jet chip between the ECU but its too big to fit back into its mounting position. It said it would be a tight fit, but damn... it wont even fit......I have an AWD IF that matters.......

LS

·
AG Strek
3,082 Posts
Remove the dust shield as the instructions state. It will fit, just take your time :)

·
LX Newbie
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did remove the shield to get to the ECU , but w/ the chip installed and the shield off it wont fit......

·
Fossil Fuel Aficionado
11,025 Posts
With the dust cover off you should be able to wedge it in there with a little effort. Some guys cut down the legs on the plug base (probably not the right name) to make for an easy fit as well. Should be some step by step procedures on install if you search.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
16,511 Posts
make double sure that the chip is firmly and completely seated in the socket and the connector is all the way down in the chip.
With the dust cover off, it will fit. You might have to push on it some, but no worries!!

·
First AWD LX in the 12's N/A
8,067 Posts
YOUNG_G said:
I did remove the shield to get to the ECU , but w/ the chip installed and the shield off it wont fit......
I think you might be thinking of the wrong dust shield. The plastic peice you remove to get to the ECU is not the one everyone's talking about. It's the little plastic cap covering the wires on the plug end that has to be removed. It fit in my AWD.

·
I'm not speeding......I'm qualifying
5,266 Posts
It fit in my AWD (V6) also. Had to remove the dust cover. It was tight, but I got it to fit.

·
LX Newbie
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally I Got It, Thanks For The Help!

·
AG Strek
3,082 Posts
Cool, I was going to say just break out the framing hammer and MAKE it fit :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.