LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Having trouble getting the AFR right on my torqstorm install. What could be the reasons why it is lean? keep adding fuel and it stays lean.
Tuner said I have plenty of pump (arrington drop in)and (Demon)injectors. Torqstorm with an arrington 85 mm tb and borla atak cat back. my afr is between 14 and 15

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Tuner said I have plenty of pump (arrington drop in)and (Demon)injectors. Torqstorm with an arrington 85 mm tb and borla atak cat back. my afr is between 14 and 15
Unless you're running E85, that's where you want it to be. 14.7 is stoich, so you're not in tha danger zone.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Where are you adding the fuel?
When is it lean?
We need more details to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Scat Pack Forums
At WOT it goes leaner than 14 and up he keeps adding fuel at WOT. Fuel pressure is good. Could a bad AFR location cause these readings? It's brand new but I'm not sure where it was positioned in the pipe

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
At WOT it goes leaner than 14 and up he keeps adding fuel at WOT. Fuel pressure is good. Could a bad AFR location cause these readings? It's brand new but I'm not sure where it was positioned in the pipe
What’s ‘good’ fuel pressure?
What’s the duty cycle of the injectors look like?
Can you post a pic of the log?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What’s ‘good’ fuel pressure?
What’s the duty cycle of the injectors look like?
Can you post a pic of the log?

58 psi at the rail. I am not tuning it so i do not know anything except the tuner said the injector duty is too high for 6lbs of boost. I do not have a pic of the log Its at a shop

Gapi what am I trolling for? Im looking for advice from people with more knowledge then I have about this. I guess I will delete the post

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Totally BS post, guy comes out saying I'm lean. Heh. I'm thinking troll.
58 psi at the rail. I am not tuning it so i do not know anything except the tuner said the injector duty is too high for 6lbs of boost. I do not have a pic of the log Its at a shop

Gapi what am I trolling for? Im looking for advice from people with more knowledge then I have about this. I guess I will delete the post
My fuel pump is only providing 38-40 lbs at WOT. will a hellcat fuel pump work in my car?

·
Premium Member
1,093 Posts
OK, I spoke out of turn, guess I'll try and be useful.

You would have better luck, if any at all, if you would have posted this in the opening thread.

• Year make model, engine size.
  • List engine mods other than the blower.
  • Boost level
  • Tuning method, remote, local, dyno?
  • Tuning software
  • Who is the Tuner
  • How is the car being scanned? Dyno or driven?
  • Do you posses the scan log files?
Problems can be.
Tuner capabilities
Wrong injectors
Tuner doesn't know how calibrate injectors
Weak fuel pump, most blower kits come with better fuel pumps.
You have no business with a larger throttle body.

The tuner if worth his salt "before tuning on your car" should know what injectors you have. If not on-site he should have asked for images of one with the part numbers.

If satisfied they are capable he would be asking for you to test your fuel pressure at the rail by what ever means possible under WOT.

Like this if you have to. This is testring my boosted Silverado's Walbro installed in 2005 still going strong. 61lbs @idle 59lbs WOT.

Green Light Blue Plant Tree

Good luck to you friend.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
My fuel pump is only providing 38-40 lbs at WOT. will a hellcat fuel pump work in my car?
Do not use a hellcat pump. There are way too many issues with wiring not corresponding and frying themselves.

Contact Rick Tapp at Tapped Performance, tell him what you have build wise and he will get you the proper pump with wiring.

Edit. I agree with Gapi. Ditch the tbody, go back to stock. I make 850 at the wheels with a stock throttle body.

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts