LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2 Fast, not that Furious
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming that the speed governor is eliminated and you have proper tires and flat open road, what speed can the stock 5.7 push a Magnum to? I found a thread where a stock (no mods listed) AWD hit 159MPH... I know that SRT-8s can hit a little over 170MPH before aerodynamics hold them back.

Would any mods aside from a turbo or a supercharger allow an R/T to hit the 170 mark? What would be the minimum mods required to reach that speed?

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
128 on a stock r/t. somewhere between 155 and 160 on a stock srt-8. both are electronically limited.

·
High Power Junkie
16,628 Posts
Super T said:
128 on a stock r/t. somewhere between 155 and 160 on a stock srt-8. both are electronically limited.
Gotta love the Superchips (and coming Morpheus). And rumor has it he topped out at 176 before shutting down.

·
Damn Fast Grandpa!!
6,346 Posts
I have been to 165 with my Magnum. The only mod is Superchips to raise the speed limiter and smaller diameter tires for a tiny bit of gearing advantage. The car felt as stable at 165 as it does at 100, like a rock on the road. I have also had mine on Mont Tremblant at a performance driving class and it feels great at 100 sliding through a turn ( Patrick, before you comment, I know sliding at 100 was not good, made adjustments to my line on the next lap!). I ran it wide open on track and wiped out a full tank of fuel in under 80 miles.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
FOUND the link !!!

Great info here and the PROOF - Meisters Screen Shot of his speedo @ 172MPH!

Picture driving your 300 at 172MPH and taking one hand off the wheel to snap a picture! NUTS!

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=27028&highlight=speed

he has some great points about trying this... please don't try this unless you are as meticulous as he was. be smart and safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.