LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LX Newbie
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tire sensor has been lit for 24 hours now and the psi is 32 for each tire, per the reccomended psi on the door jamb. I don't want to have to bring her in to the dealership as I have had the car for 2 months and the dealership has had it for almost 3 weeks out of those 2 months and put over 200 miles on it. They have put multiple scratches in the paint and tore 2 different decals on the Daytona. Admittedly, they did take the car back, repaint the scratches, replace the decals etc, but that took 2 different times to drop it off for sevearl days and many miles. They also gave me the car back with a screw in one of the tires, pulled it out and put in a plug. They insisted that they would not replace the tire and that it was "good as new". Although the PSI seems to be ok, could this be related to my sensor saying it's low? I ran a diag. and there were no DTC's. The dealership did have other rims on it before I bought it and they put the regular Daytona rims back on, but the sensor was working the past 2 months. Any ideas?:cry:

·
LX Newbie
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can I take my Daytona to a different dealership to get the warranty work done? Are there any negatives to this? I assume so as I've read that dealerships do not get paid on warranty work, and therefore is bottom of the list, especially if you did'nt buy from them.

:1puke:

·
What'd I miss?
23,444 Posts
blackielv said:
Can I take my Daytona to a different dealership to get the warranty work done? Are there any negatives to this? I assume so as I've read that dealerships do not get paid on warranty work, and therefore is bottom of the list, especially if you did'nt buy from them.

:1puke:
you can take it to any dealer you like. they get paid for any warranty work. they may not be as accomodating as your selling dealer but they should fix you up no problem.

i'm assuming that you've driven the car since you adjusted tire pressures. it may take a few miles of driving before the warning light goes out after adjusting tire pressure.

the dealer has a device that can test sensor operation so he'll be able to tell which sensor, if any, is defective.

good luck

·
LX Newbie
7 Posts
Blackie,

I've had good luck getting my Dodge serviced at Jim Marsh Chrysler up in the Centenial center (95 and the North beltway) Call them and see if they can help you. I would never go to the Chopper for a purchase of any kind of work. Word around town is their crooks. At least try another dodge dealership. Mike

[email protected]

P.S. A plugged tire is not a good thing. Get that fixed as soon as you can. Hopefully they didn't dismount your tire and damage the sensor.

·
LX Newbie
44 Posts
Actually, when I had my car at the dealership, on my way out, one of the guys that worked on the car told me that he pumped the wheels to 35 PSI.
He also said that the sensor doesn't go on until the pressure is severely low, like 25.

·
What'd I miss?
23,444 Posts
blackielv said:
Unfortunately, my Daytona doesn't have the elec. conv. group and therefore no EVIC, but my (!) light is lit and my book says this is the tire sensor. This is corrct, no?
just re-read this post and noticed what i just highlighted. (!) is the brake warning light, not the TPM light. the park brake pedal is a little sensitive on these cars. try pulling the release handle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.