LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
That's an ugly bug.

If you're going to have a brush guard on your Magnum, using it as a light bar makes sense. Actually without the lights - it looks out of place... now I like it a bit better - (not enough to get one ) What brand are they and how bright are they? Nice job on the switch install!

If they flashed alternately, you would certainly be able to get slower traffic to pull over quickly! (That would be a Mod to a Mod to a Mod...)

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uhhhh, can't remember the brand but I got them at O'Reilly auto parts for $45 that is including the optional wiring kit that has the illuminated switch and relay. I have it wired to the cigarette lighter so that it's impossible for me to leave them on. As far as brightness they are 55 watts each so the light intensity should be about the same as the high beams except they don't have the same projection pattern....not quite like KCs. They really just add to my high beam output. NO MORE RUDE HIGH BEAM DRIVERS!!!!!!

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Darthvader said:
Oh man please don't add a snowplow dude. :)
nah you're safe. No snowplows in the plans. I was just taking a :bump: from Tabasco's KCs. I just didn't feel like spending that much.

Let me add that Bmartin claims that my headlights will pretty much burn ur retinas now

·
LX Padiwan
3,697 Posts
Some one needs to make a more streamlined one like the new ones on H2's. Kinda flat but looks really good.

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
wbornio said:
That's an ugly bug.

If you're going to have a brush guard on your Magnum, using it as a light bar makes sense. Actually without the lights - it looks out of place... now I like it a bit better - (not enough to get one ) What brand are they and how bright are they? Nice job on the switch install!

If they flashed alternately, you would certainly be able to get slower traffic to pull over quickly! (That would be a Mod to a Mod to a Mod...)
actually Silverstar bulbs are in the future for those lights

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AZ300C said:
what is the point?
FREAKIN BRIGHT that's what!!! I get sick and tired of people driving with there highbeams on and won't turn them off. Now I can blind them for their insolence! Plus it dresses up my other mod, the bumper.

·
Now we're talking.
12,200 Posts
It's about time! Looks great.

You never know when you may need them (other than getting back at other drivers). I wired my '88 Scirocco with Hella driving lights so that they would stay on with the high beams. On the road out to Portal, AZ I needed all the light I could get. It's a nice paved road out in the middle of nowhere. Even then I kept trying to turn on my brights and they were already on. You don't need to be a 4x4 to need extra light. It just depends on where you go.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
i like it! Now put a lift kit on it, get the steel wheels, and put a cb whip on it! Seriously, make the brush guard look at home on the car. There are many a day I wish I had some extra lights, though I usually need them in my back window for the tailgaters.

·
Dude, Where's my LX!?!?
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
moparman53 said:
I hardly ever get to use my high beams (around here, we call them "brights") because of all the traffic. Even when I go in at 2-3 AM, I see traffic, just not nearly as much.
well just so I can use them I have them pointed down at the moment as additional lowbeams

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.