LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
This Space for Sale ... Cheap
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there is alot of talk regarding the next generation of the venerable LX platform (codenamed "LY"), we decided to start a new forum to post any related news and info.

Got some recommendations as to what should be on the next generation of you Magnum, Charger or 300? What features do you want to see on the Challenger? Interested in an Imperial? Post it in this forum. You never know who might be reading. :wink:

Cheers!

·
2 Fast, not that Furious
2,586 Posts
I thought LY was just a "spinoff" platform in addition to the LX platform. You're saying that all current LX cars are moving to LY? I thought LY was just for the Challenger and similar 2-door vehicles. Hmmph, I didn't know that.

Well, I can think of one thing DCX can do right away: make the LY computer easier to tinker with. It's really lame not being able to fully utilize mods ranging from the engine to traction control to simple things like the stereo without buying expensive adapters and getting headaches. Considering a purely muscle-bound vehicle like the Challenger is heading up the LY series, it's only right that owners be able reach 700HP without dealing with electronics issues.

There's a reason that Mustangs are so wildly popular in the muscle tuner segment, and as sexy as the Challenger is, looks don't mean nuthin' at the track against 11sec Stangs.

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
Overall I am pleased with the Magnum. However there is always room for improvment.

I would like to see a radio that, after the car is shut off and then gets restarted later, self adjusts the volume to a level that won't blow out my eardrums. I have this on my 2001 Sport Trac.

A non-smokers package would be nice too. No ashtrays to deal with, just power outlets for the electronics we all use these days.

Pockets on the backs of the front seats would be nice too.

Cup holders that are not in the fold down part of the back seat. They are useless with a baby seat installed.

·
This Space for Sale ... Cheap
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nick_danger said:
I thought LY was just a "spinoff" platform in addition to the LX platform. You're saying that all current LX cars are moving to LY? I thought LY was just for the Challenger and similar 2-door vehicles. Hmmph, I didn't know that.
All next gen cars are moving to the LY platform.

·
LX Padiwan
3,697 Posts
Oscilating head rest. Like my H2 and Avalanche had.

·
LX Padiwan
127 Posts
Cup coolers will probably show up. The new Sebring has heated and cooled cup holders.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
FUTUREDCXDESIGNER said:
Cup coolers will probably show up. The new Sebring has heated and cooled cup holders.
Think about this, though. The Challenger is going to be a "muscle" car. Not a utilitarian (i.e. Sebring or Caliber).

I wouldn't bet on a cooler.

·
E skeud teñval tourioù gell
3,450 Posts
FOHN_JARGO said:
I would like to see a radio that, after the car is shut off and then gets restarted later, self adjusts the volume to a level that won't blow out my eardrums. I have this on my 2001 Sport Trac.
Heh, this reminds me of a George Carlin bit where he talks about driving around.

It goes something like:

You're driving around, maybe it's raining. You've got the windows down a little, the outside air vents are blowing, traffic's busy, etc, etc, etc.

You get out of the car, run your errands, get back in, start the car, and the ******* radio is this loud!

Could I have been listening to that? I think someone broke into my car and fiddled with my radio controls!

·
No longer sporting dual R/T's!
9,301 Posts
a price tag I can afford

Mike

·
I'm releasing the flying monkeys!
1,468 Posts
This probably isn't a must for the Challenger, but if all LX vehicles are moving to the LY, better interior materials would be nice. The Magnum looks great from the outside, but kinda cheap-o on the inside. Too many color variations and too much hard plastic and pleather, IMO.

All controls around the steering wheel, should be mounted to the wheel. I hate the cruise control on the LXs.

No chrome on the dash or console - it always catches the sun and momentarily blinds me or my passenger.

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
There has to be a way to shave off 400 pounds from this pig and still have it be safer than it is now.

Definitely the 7-speed MB trans at least as an option.

As for the computer, GM is coming up with some sedans that compete very favorably with the DCX vehicles. All things being equal, I know I could tune the GM cars for performance and I'm not opposed to going back to them.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
I'd love to see the classic colors return...

plum crazy
lemon twist
petty blue

and call me crazy - a vinyl top. Yeah - I said it - you heard right - a vinyl top for my challenger. White on plum crazy...

with Shaker - bazooka exhaust tips and a crappy am 8 track.

ok the am 8 track was a joke... but the rest I really would like to see.

·
I'll be back...someday
3,642 Posts
personally I am hoping they discontinue the mag before a new model comes out. I like having a one off car. Having an older model mag doesn't sound right =\

·
I'm tryin' to think but nuttin' happens
5,151 Posts
ASU_Magnum said:
personally I am hoping they discontinue the mag before a new model comes out. I like having a one off car. Having an older model mag doesn't sound right =\
You'll probably get your wish.

·
Love my Mag
481 Posts
I agree

quote=ASU_Magnum]personally I am hoping they discontinue the mag before a new model comes out. I like having a one off car. Having an older model mag doesn't sound right =\[/quote]

·
One More Mopar that all I want...OK
143 Posts
ASU-MAg, I am with you on this one. I like the idea of having a one off car that is hard to find rather than "the older" model. Cudas have always been a popular car in the muscle car arena and they only made them for 5 years.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.