LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Look at that wagon she is draggin'!
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a few little touches on my '06 (maybe other LX's) that I kind of dig.

On the center console on the pass. side there are little cutouts near the "lid" part that let you plug something in the cig. receptacle, close the lid, and use it outside of the console. The cables/wires don't casuse the lid to not close. Cool!

If you touch the directional for one quick second and release it continues to allow the blinlkers to go for 4 blinks for lane changes. Not htat holding a directional for 3 more sec. isn't a big deal but I thought that was neat.

Has anyone else come across any other neat kind of hidden features on these cars?

·
Title? What title?
142 Posts
When the battery on your Remote Keyless Entry (the buttons on the key) start getting low, you get a warning on the dash that says "RKE Battery Low". Just got it last week

·
05 Cool Vanilla Magnum RT
4,039 Posts
When on cruise control, touching the acc or coast makes EXACTLY 1mph changes (gps tested!). so if the speed limit drops 10mph, I touch it 10 times to decelerate exactly 10mph.

Also, leave your blinker on too long, it will tell you!

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Diagnostic mode for the EVIC... gives some cool "extra" info, like digital tach, digital speedo, pedal position, etc.

With the Heritage Edition I got Tire Pressure Monitoring and didn't even know it was part of the "package" until on vacation when I suddenly discovered it rolling through the EVIC settings. That was a cool discovery.

·
We Shall Never Forget
5,353 Posts
oldschool said:
I noticed a few little touches on my '06 (maybe other LX's) that I kind of dig.

On the center console on the pass. side there are little cutouts near the "lid" part that let you plug something in the cig. receptacle, close the lid, and use it outside of the console. The cables/wires don't casuse the lid to not close. Cool!

If you touch the directional for one quick second and release it continues to allow the blinlkers to go for 4 blinks for lane changes. Not htat holding a directional for 3 more sec. isn't a big deal but I thought that was neat.

Has anyone else come across any other neat kind of hidden features on these cars?
I agree with those 2 things. It is the little things that count!

Adam

·
Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late
6,193 Posts
How 'bout when you stomp on it, it squeals like a Pig!!

·
4,039 Posts
And once you get the auto headlights mod completed, you can have headlights turn on automatically when you turn on the wipers!!! With a slight starscan adjustment!!

·
Converted Chevy Guy
8,968 Posts
interior lights turn themselves off (when the key is out of the igniton) to avoid draining your battery too much. Same with the glove box light (if you do this mod).

lock out the power windows and the backlighting on the rear and passenger door window switches goes out.

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GoofyTimL said:
Diagnostic mode for the EVIC... gives some cool "extra" info, like digital tach, digital speedo, pedal position, etc.

With the Heritage Edition I got Tire Pressure Monitoring and didn't even know it was part of the "package" until on vacation when I suddenly discovered it rolling through the EVIC settings. That was a cool discovery.
Ugh AGAIN I have EVIC envy!

oldschool

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MAGNUM8R said:
How 'bout when you stomp on it, it squeals like a Pig!!
I think Dr.Z. did that just for you!

oldschool

·
4,039 Posts
hemiwagn said:
interior lights turn themselves off (when the key is out of the igniton) to avoid draining your battery too much. Same with the glove box light (if you do this mod).

lock out the power windows and the backlighting on the rear and passenger door window switches goes out.
Hmmm.. I didn't know either of these! Thanks!

·
07 Charger RT R&T
4,240 Posts
The foam rubber cushiony thing on the rear deck pull down handle....cool....oh yea some don't have this option, LOL.

Only bring that up since about a year ago there was a memeber fretting over not having it.

Randy

·
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
stroguy said:
The foam rubber cushiony thing on the rear deck pull down handle....cool....oh yea some don't have this option, LOL.

Only bring that up since about a year ago there was a memeber fretting over not having it.

Randy
Dang I don't have one!
Does it just hang out in the pocket for the hand pull down? Maybe I can make my own hehe.

oldschool

·
Now we're talking.
12,200 Posts
oldschool said:
Dang I don't have one!
Does it just hang out in the pocket for the hand pull down? Maybe I can make my own hehe.

oldschool
No, it's completely inside the hand hold opening. I tried gluing a rubber pad inside of mine but after a while it came loose. The only way to get the real deal Mopar one is to get the whole back plastic section for about $80. Not worth it to me.

·
Premium Member
10,061 Posts
I like programing the key entry - exit functions. Programed mine to unlock all doors when the drivers door is opened. No more hitting the clicker to unlock the rear.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.