LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
You last visited: 06-06-06
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in PA there is an annual event that draws hundreds of people out for one reason, CARS!
No. Its not the All Chrysler Nationals at Carlisle.
Its the Great Pottsville Cruise and it is a blast.
Check out the thread. Hope to see you there!http://www.pottsvillecruisenight.com/

·
Blink and I'm RT Gone.
412 Posts
I'm going to try to make this one. Mom grew up in Shennandoah, the town next door. I've got family up there. Old coal miners from Lithuania, and Poland.
Those towns and twisty roads up there are great for cruising. Hope to see you there Tedman5

·
LX Newbie
314 Posts
Went to the cruise last year, and it was great! Recomend it to everyone! I was the dark blue Magnum RT with two wide white stripes. Took third place in the audio contest in my class. Not bad for the old guy.:)

(If you go to the Pottsville cruise web site, and go to 2005 cruise pictures, then audio, my car is there.)

·
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don's magnum said:
Went to the cruise last year, and it was great! Recomend it to everyone! I was the dark blue Magnum RT with two wide white stripes. Took third place in the audio contest in my class. Not bad for the old guy.:)

(If you go to the Pottsville cruise web site, and go to 2005 cruise pictures, then audio, my car is there.)
Yes Don, I remember you. I had the other blue Magnum. Hope to see you and others there.

BTW Redsled, your car looks great with the wings. Keep up the good work. I really hope you can make it up to PA, would love to hang out again.

·
LX Newbie
314 Posts
Hey TEDMAN! I'm coming up sat. morning, and staying at the Quality Inn downtown. Will go to Jerry's Car Museum about noon. I'll be at Coney Island sat. night. I'll look for you and Redsled.

Don Gartner

·
Blink and I'm RT Gone.
412 Posts
I won't be able to make Saturday's events. I'm driving up Sunday morning to Martz Hall.

Reactions: RobAGD

·
See ya in anotha life brotha
14,677 Posts
humm this looks intresting, if I can get all the Georgia bigs offthe front of teh Magnum I may come up for this.

-R

I see any map or directions on the site.... am I missing something ?

·
05 Magnum RT and 10 Challenger
7,415 Posts
Want to do this too. I guess I was thinking a Sunday day trip up. Several folks from 300mclub.org and DodgeIntrepid.net want to go too.

Reactions: RobAGD

·
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great! I'll look for you guys. Maybe we could coordinate before Sunday and meet at Martz hall Sunday a.m. I think it would be nice to have all the LX-ers together in the staging area.
I

·
LX Newbie
314 Posts
I'll be at the old Ryder Bldg. across from Martz Hall,which is now the new Ken’s Tires, Sunday morning, for the audio contest.(Yes I'm 57 going on 16). Slip over and check it out. Then I'll be coming across the street to the hall. They have a upper and lower parking lot, so we should decide which lot to meet.

·
Blink and I'm RT Gone.
412 Posts
Ok Where the hell is Pottsville ? I cant find a map on thier site.

Hell a general idea of where to look would be nice ;)
Martz Hall is located at 1501 Laurel Blvd, Pottsville, PA 17901. 570 621-2900
Ken's Tires is located across the street at 1420 Laurel Blvd, Pottsville, PA 17901. 570 622-8999.
It's about a 3 hour drive. Pottsville is off I-81. exit 107.
I usualy take I-270 north to US-15 at Frederick. US-15 to I-83. I-83 to I-81 at Harrisburg. Travel about 37 miles north on 81 to the Pottsville exit 107.

·
LX Newbie
183 Posts
It looks like VA will be well represented this weekend. I am going up on Friday and am also staying at the Quality Inn. I look forward to meeting all of you. Hope we can get together. I met BrilliantBlackHemi at the Cruise-in at the Chester Hardee's last Saturday. Nice guy and nice SRT8, by the way. I hope to visit the Yuengling Brewery while I'm up there. I want to see how they are investing my money. LOL.:beerchug: Can't figure out how to get the smiley in line!

·
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys that are staying at the Quality Inn, is that Lebanon, or Pottsville?

·
LX Newbie
314 Posts
Hey woodeman! I'm staying at the "Q.I." too. Should check in around noon sat. Name is Don Gartner. Been here before, so I have a good idea of points of interest. See you there.

·
LX Newbie
18 Posts
I decided to check your site out after Rob posted over on the 300M site that you guys were going to the Cruise.

This will be my 5th time participationg in the cruise, if you want to be together in the staging area and in the cruise, it's best to meet somewhere other than Martz hall and driving in together, they pack the cars in as they arrive. They usually don't allow saving space for other cars, the only exception I've seen is for members or friends of the local club that helps run the cruise.

If we get all the LX and LH cars together we'll have a bigger presence than the local club...

I live less than an hour from Pottsville so I might make it out for Friday night and Saturday, if I do I'll look for any LX members..

I drive a 2002 Black 300M Special

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.