LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LX Padiwan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a couple of weeks ago after changing the sparkplugs on Maggie, we (My dad and I) decided to leave the cover off the car. WOW! The car sounds so mean! I've never heard the engine like this before. I don't even think I need the exhaust anymore, I can hear the engine growl all the time... I LOVE IT!

Plus the other day I discovered once again that ESP OFF is sports mode. The shifts are so smooth, quick and perfect, I was speechless. The car drove like it was wired to my brain. It's almost like the pedal was as light as a feather, where with the ESP on you have to mash it to wake up the damn computer which will drop you like 2 gears and give you that unnecessary monster power that you didn't really want. This car is amazing, although I wish there was a way to put the tranny in sport mode without turning the ESP off (and driving it like you stole it for a day to get out of granny mode). Oh well...

THIS CAR ROCKS MY WORLD!

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
Did ESP make that much of a difference really? I always just assumed it didn't do anything until it sensed the car was losing control or traction ...

Secondly, are you talking about the Shroud? I can't believe it muffles THAT much sound. :p

·
Ka CHOW!
4,509 Posts
I thought you were talking about wearing a hat indoors. Old military habits tend to stay with us I guess.

·
LX Guru
14,153 Posts
That must be why my Ram is so loud, no hat. The Borla exhaust on the truck much louder than the cars. Wife not impressed, so Iwill leave my hat on my RT. The funny thing about the truck, when you pull out to pass a car , often they will pull over and stop!:wink:

·
LX Padiwan
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea turning the ESP off definitely makes the transmission more aggressive while also not cutting in at times where the normal ESP would sense forthcoming danger (wheelspin). This has been mentioned before on this forum, I'm just restating.

Now let me restate about the engine cover. Pulling it off doesn't make the engine MUCH louder... it makes it more noticeable, enough that I notice the difference... to the point where i rarely play music because I can't stop listening to that motor (vrrrrrrrrrooooooom). This car is way too much fun.

·
Premium Member
3,260 Posts
Learn something ever day, I didn't know that ESP off would wake the tranny and computer up also, I thought it would just make it slide more easily, and I never heard of a "sport" mode on an RT mag.

·
LX Padiwan
282 Posts
Yeah, same here. Didn't know it made the Trans shift more agressively.

·
Misspellers of the world untie!!!
116 Posts
Now I got something to test when I get off of work! Good post!! :rock:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.