LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Alter ego of MyMaggieMae...
11,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the two "almost nobody's" (Magnum Maniac and myself) had a great day at the car show in Tacoma. I sure wish more of you could have joined us. But, it's always a great time to spend the day with Chris. :thumbs_u:

There were only 4 LX cars (not counting the ones the dealer brought out for display). Three of us were LXforums members... all Magnums.

Here's the 4 LX's:

And the 3 Magnums:

I'm not sure what Chris was doing here. You'll have to ask him. I did check the car afterwards, and there was no visible damage! :mrgreen:

Everyone give a cheer! :banana: Here's the 2nd place winner in the 90's & Newer catagory:

And, here's what got 1st place (I think it was the Shaker that did it):

Thanks again Chris... I'll hang with you any day! :rock:

·
11,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, iRock, I think those mods would have put Chris over the top (of what, I'm not sure)! :grin:

All the people there were very friendly. I really didn't know who was from the dealership and who wasn't. The show was in the Tacoma Community College parking lot.

·
Survived 2017 ... 2020 or Bust ...
5,309 Posts
Don, it looks like you're the official LXForums Rep for Oregon.

Thanks for the pictures.

·
GOOD MEAT TAKES A LONG TIME!
21,543 Posts
Great pics Don. Wish I'd been able to make it. I'll be with halo's shortly.
I love the way you think iRock! You always know just the right touch for new mods! :thumbs_u:
Congrats on your stellar win, Chris! :rock:

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts
Thanks for the pics, Don! In that one I was trying to get a nice reflection shot in your paint...lol
Always a distinct pleasure spending some time with you; we can talk politics, cars & wax philosophic on life pretty darn good....:thumbs_u:

I think Irock's mod is overkill for the local car shows. That is certainly something you save for when you want to pull out all the stops, like maybe on Unique Whips or Pimp My Ride...:mrgreen: :wink:

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts
Shelli, that isn't the same hood ornament that was on that Volvo, is it??!! :grin:

·
11,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Magnum Maniac said:
I think Irock's mod is overkill for the local car shows. That is certainly something you save for when you want to pull out all the stops, like maybe on Unique Whips or Pimp My Ride...:mrgreen: :wink:
I don't know. I think with that hood ornament and license plate, you could have beaten that Charger! :wink:

·
The King Nitwit!
9,974 Posts
WTG Chris :rock:

Sheeze, if I would have known that "almost nobody" was there, I would have made a point of showing up !

Slim------>:loser:

Who was the 3rd forum member there? I don't see it listed.

·
Inspired Performance
6,332 Posts
MyMaggieMae said:
I don't know. I think with that hood ornament and license plate, you could have beaten that Charger! :wink:
Your car should have beaten that Charger, sheesh. :thumbs_u: While it was a beautiful car, I think effort & time / $$$ spent should be a deciding factor, & your car oozes it, Don.

·
11,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Magnum Maniac said:
Your car should have beaten that Charger, sheesh. :thumbs_u: While it was a beautiful car, I think effort & time / $$$ spent should be a deciding factor, & your car oozes it, Don.
It's just that neither of us liked their wheel choice! :grin:

I was amazed on the way home though. That north bound traffic that we commented on was like that all the way down to Olympia. Man, those folks were in for a long slow drive! :sad:

·
join date 05/06/2004
2,920 Posts
Chris, is that the same charger your shop put the shaker hood on? If that's the case I think you won by proxy anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.