LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Thread Killer, Vote Stealer
2,959 Posts
Caddies are pretty nice, but COME ON MAN! Look where you are....

Mag SXT is the shiznit!

· Think About It...
252 Posts
SXT... you will be happier in the long run. The Caddy will break down and it will cost more to repair it. I have a friend with a crappy catera that has turned into a moneypit. Another friend that had an 04 escalade and had to take it back more than 5 times... finally the dealer gave him a new one. Still sucks though.

· Registered
206 Posts
Charged_Up said:
SXT... you will be happier in the long run. The Caddy will break down and it will cost more to repair it. I have a friend with a crappy catera that has turned into a moneypit. Another friend that had an 04 escalade and had to take it back more than 5 times... finally the dealer gave him a new one. Still sucks though.
That awesome Northstar engine will leak oil....A lot of it! In fact, if its not leaking, there is no oil remaining in the oil pan.... :wink:

I sold an SLS in favor of the Magnum SXT. 20% better fuel economy, better ride, more comfortable seats, and, happier wife :priceless:

lee

· Charger Fan
107 Posts
Gotta go with the Charger SXT. It's the fast 3.5L out there.

:thumbs_u: :thumbs_u: :thumbs_u:

2,959 Posts

· I dunno......
3,910 Posts
Yeah, but the question wasn't worded properly...it isn't a 1992 deville...it is a 2002 deville...need to fix the post to get an accurate response! The guy was responding to the significant age differences of the cars..

That said...the mag would win out everytime, not that I am BIASED or anything...LOL

· LX Newbie
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HEMIwoman said:
Yeah, but the question wasn't worded properly...it isn't a 1992 deville...it is a 2002 deville...need to fix the post to get an accurate response! The guy was responding to the significant age differences of the cars..

That said...the mag would win out everytime, not that I am BIASED or anything...LOL
im looking for a 2000-2005 caddy deville/DTS/DHS, and not a 92 deville, still, thanks your guys for your help

2,959 Posts
Oops!!! My bad - let me fix the post over there! 2002 - got it! Why did I think 1992.....hmm

· LX Padiwan
659 Posts
The engines do burn oil bigtime. Like 1qt per 1k miles. I'm guessing the Deville should be somewhat cheaper than a newer SXT. I gotta say a nice black or silver DTS with tinted windows is one sharp ride though. Plenty fast. Parts are indeed steep (like 400$ or so for a foglight!) and the dealers have no problem boning you for it though indeed our fine DCX dealerships are just as sleazy in general.I traded a 2000 STS for the Magnum in a roundabout fashion. I think my STS was faster than my RT Mag is!

· Love my Mag
481 Posts
I think she said a CTS......newer one....she was very impressed with my Magnum......over the Cadillac.....my parents have a Seville and my Dad has offer to buy my Magnum repeatedly if I decide to trade....he loves the Magnum over the Seville......his is a 2000 model I think.....I was not impressed with it but it is an older model......with lots of miles on it.

· LX Newbie
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
blackmagsxt said:
I think she said a CTS......newer one....she was very impressed with my Magnum......over the Cadillac.....my parents have a Seville and my Dad has offer to buy my Magnum repeatedly if I decide to trade....he loves the Magnum over the Seville......his is a 2000 model I think.....I was not impressed with it but it is an older model......with lots of miles on it.
cts rides realy ruff, im thinking im gona get a caddy deville DHS, and then in couple of years im going to get a second car, which will be a magnum SRT8, and then couple of years after that i will trade in the caddy for a LWB 300C heritege edition (or a LWB 300C).

am i a genius, or what? lol
all i need now is:doh: money

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.