LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
LX Guru
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay the first way I tried to sell this didn't seem to interest many folks. The couple of bids I got were low and no major biters.

Let's try it this way:

Superchips Flashpaq for sale $325 including basic shipping to the continental USA. Elsewhere pays a little extra to cover the extra shipping costs.

Note, I just checked today and got 32 MPG highway both directions (31.5 coming back) on flat road over 50 miles at 70 MPH starting with a full tank of gas. (Temperature: 100 degrees, Humidity: 27%, Elevation 4k feet) The only other mods I have are a 170 degree thermostat, K&N Air Filter, and Synthetic Oil. Understand that this is a MAX for milage improvement at highway speed and factors in zero around town driving. My previous max without the flashpaq was between 25 and 26 MPG. Here 91 octane is 8-12 cents more expensive than 89. I get a max of 114 more miles on 91 with flashpaq than with 89 octane and stock tuning. My AVERAGE driving (mostly highway with some mixed city driving on weekends) gets me 76 more miles on 91 octane which is 3.6 gallons of 89 octane gas.

Over a few miles on the way home in town the speed dropped down to 40 MPH for a few miles. At this speed I performed the same test and climbed back up to 28 MPG cruising at 40MPH. (When I reset it I had just backed off the gas from getting up to speed.)

My average usage across an entire tank of gas gets me 25 MPG when I'm cruising.

Testing Method: Get up to 70 MPH. Reset Evic. Set Cruise Control at 70 MPH. I didn't fiddle with the cruise settings one bit. I've checked my Evic against actual MPG at the pump and it is usually dead on unless I've been "playing" a lot. (I do a lot of miles on the highway so it is easy for me to have a whole tank of gas gone without any playing.)

Reason for selling: I want to buy and install headers, intake, catback exhaust. I have no extra money right now and I would have more fun installing those and customizing my car further. The Flashpaq is fun (transmission and data logging) and gives great gas milage (4 MPG improvement with city/highway and 6 MPG improvement with striaght highway). I would like to change the hardware on my car now that I have played with the software.

·
LX Padiwan
1,152 Posts
Ebay??

I dought people will bid on it. You would be better off with a staright price. Good luck those things are selling around here for around 300.

·
Premium Member
20,457 Posts
I think your shooting yourself in the foot with this one. After you get that baby breathing nice the tuner really starts coming into play at that point.

Just my $.02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.