LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Now with 20% MORE crazy!!!!!
11,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
October 14th & October 15th Jacksonville Carshow Thread

*******UPDATES FOR SATURDAY*******

If you are coming up Saturday for the show or just coming up in the afternoon .....there is a meet at the Buffalo Cafe at 7pm......heres the link
http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php?t=42724

for those who are staying overnight at the hotel must meet in the Parking lot at 8-8:30 am

*******UPDATES FOR SUNDAY*******

If your comin on sunday you must meet at the hotel between 8:30 - 9:00am NO LATER than 9:00am
that means if your coming from orlando you must leave around 6:30a
We will bve leaving at 9am to arrive at the show
we will try to get spaces held but cannot garrantee anything

Saturday October 14th car show

These are the direction from Orlando to the Saturday show.......Thanx to Terry(RT NOMAD) for giving us the heads up on the best route to take....again thanx Terry!!!

Travel I-4 east to I-95 N towards Jax......
Get into the right hand lane of I95 as you cross the Duval County line/Jacksonville city limits
Exit from I95 to the right onto 9A north (this is the first part of the I295 intersection)
Stay on 9A north until you reach FL-202 east (aka J Turner Butler Blvd often abbreviated JTB) This will be approximately 8 miles
Exit right (just before the traffic light) onto JTB. You will be headed east.
Stay in the right hand lane and take the immediate next exit onto Kernan Blvd (approx 0.7 miles)
At the bottom of the exit ramp you must turn left (head east, passing under the overpass.
Stay on Kernan until it comes to its end (approx 8 miles). [You will cross two major roads: Beach Blvd and then Atlantic Blvd. On Kernan Blvd I believe there are about five traffic lights that you will cross.]
Kernan ends at McCormick Rd.
Turn left onto McCormick Rd heading west.
Go about 0.2 or 0.3 miles to the church. (I believe it's on the left side of the road)

there are hotels right next to the super sunday show....and guess what it just so happens to be a Hampton Inn of all places LOL
heres the number to the Hampton in on youngerman
here is the directions from the Saturday show to the Hotel at the Hampton Inn
Start out going WEST on MCCORMICK RD toward RUNNING RIVER RD.0.6 mile

Turn LEFT onto MONUMENT RD.3.5 miles
Turn RIGHT onto REGENCY SQUARE BLVD N.0.4 miles
Turn SLIGHT LEFT to take the SR-113 S ramp.0.2 miles
Merge onto SOUTHSIDE CONNECTOR BLVD.0.7 miles
SOUTHSIDE CONNECTOR BLVD becomes FL-115 S / SOUTHSIDE BLVD.7.8 miles
Merge onto I-95 S.2.0 miles
Merge onto I-295 N via EXIT 337 toward ORANGE PARK.11.4 miles
Merge onto FL-21 S / BLANDING BLVD via EXIT 12 toward ORANGE PARK / MIDDLEBURG.0.5 miles
Turn RIGHT onto YOUNGERMAN CIR.0.1 miles
End at 6135 Youngerman Cir
Jacksonville, FL 32244-6607, US
Hotel Reservation Info:
when callin for reservation, make sure you inform them that you are part of the Central Florida LX group. They will then calculate your room for 80 dollars which is the group rate....please let me know if you have been charged more....the available rooms are a king or doubles smoking or non........
Hampton Inn
6135 Youngerman Cir, Jacksonville, FL (0.04 miles away from Sundays Carshow)
904-777-5313
************UPDATE****************
BECAUSE OF THE GROUP PARKING SITUATION FOR SUNDAY'S SHOW WE NEED TO BE AT THE SHOW BEFORE 9:30AM TO ENSURE A GROUPED PARKING
WE ARE ALL MEETING UP AT THE HAMPTON INN STATED ABOVE NO LATER THAN 9AM!!!!!!!! WE LEAVE AT 9AM!!!!!!
I UNDERSTAND ALOT OF YOU MAY BE COMIN UP TO THE SUNDAY SHOW SO YOUR LEAVE TIME SHOULD BE 7AM FROM CENTRAL FLORIDA I WISH I COULD EXTEND THE TIME BUT IT IS BEYOND MY CONTROL

after the saturday show we can all rendevous to the Hampton Inn .04 miles from the Sunday Show Then we Can relax and rest for the Show on Sunday....then rendevous back into Orlando!!!!!!
Time from central florida is about 2 hours give or take....

So whos up for a double show weekend?!?!?!?!?!?!

From Central Florida,The caravan will be leaving between 8a-8:30a(Meeting ground still open for discussion) we will then drive the 2 hour Caravan to Jacksonville Florida once we get there(Car Show) it would be best if we all parked next to each other giving each other enough space in between...
Then we register hang out have some food, some spirits, good times and hopefully alot of shade LOL

at the end of the first Carshow we would then be able to go to our reservation and rest for the next show..........

If anyones up for a caravan or making reservations give a shout or reply

1. KGBPro(Sat & Sun)
2. Russ244(Sun)
3. DeafCharger(Sun)
4. RTjunkie(Sun)
5. legmaker72(Sat & Sun)
6. warners06(tentative)
7. Goose(Sun)
8. Poppa Goose( Sun)
9. RTNOMAD(Sat & Sun)
10. RPMSRT8 (Sun)
11. BurntOrange (Sat & Sun)
12. blkmagnumr/t (Sun)
13. MagBone (Sun)
14. Daytona2195 (Sat & Sun)
15. Javola (Sun)

·
LX Oldtimer
11,692 Posts
A definate maybe....................

Bob

·
Mopar Rules
4,551 Posts
NFCSA puts on a nice show. The location is nice and easy to find, right off I-295. Good food!
I entered their May show and managed to get a trophy.:banana:
As I recall there were entered 2 Magnums (my RT and an SXT - both trophied) and four Chargers (2 RT's, a GoManGo Daytona, and an SRT). I didn't remember seeing a 300 though.

I do remember that day was most definititely the hotest day of the year with not a puff of breeze or a cloud in the sky, but I had a great time! That day made me appreciate the Shindig all the more.

·
11,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RT NOMAD said:
NFCSA puts on a nice show. The location is nice and easy to find, right off I-295. Good food!
I entered their May show and managed to get a trophy.:banana:
As I recall there were entered 2 Magnums (my RT and an SXT - both trophied) and four Chargers (2 RT's, a GoManGo Daytona, and an SRT). I didn't remember seeing a 300 though.

I do remember that day was most definititely the hotest day of the year with not a puff of breeze or a cloud in the sky, but I had a great time! That day made me appreciate the Shindig all the more.
sweeeet!!! im hopin to grab a best of show !!!!:bling: :banana:

·
11,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got off the phone with them and its seems there are trophies out there for the takin!!!!! Theres best of show,cleaningness, mods, presentation, etc etc!!!!
and i suggested they give a trophy out for "most group participation" so lets get that trophy and lets have a good weekend!!!!
they are surrounded by restaurants and tents are welcome!!!!!
they have parking for over 300 spaces and the doors open at 10a and registration is till 1:30pm and after i explained to them the SE shindig Caravan they are even more interested in us comin through!!!!!

Lets do this !!!!!

i would like to have a caravan up there perhaps starting at 8-830am
giving us a 2 hour drive givin us a nice 10-1030 am arrival.....what do you guys think ????

·
Saving the world one leg at a time!
3,934 Posts
Cool, something in my neighborhood! I'll be there...anyone need any local info, let me know!

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.