LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had water leaking into my 06 300 for some time now and now that it’s “cooling off” in Houston I decided to drop the headliner down, check and clear all the drains, reseal the drain channels and still have a warmer leak. I looked real close at the seal around glass and found a small knick so I ordered the MOPAR part from rockauto and it’s not even close. My glass does not have a channel for the seal to ride in. Instead it’s a D type seal that uses double stick tape. Anyone else have this same type of sunroof/seal?

• Wow
Reactions: Curious Joe

·
Registered
2020 300s 5.7 Alloy Edition
84 Posts
So I’ve had water leaking into my 06 300 for some time now and now that it’s “cooling off” in Houston I decided to drop the headliner down, check and clear all the drains, reseal the drain channels and still have a warmer leak. I looked real close at the seal around glass and found a small knick so I ordered the MOPAR part from rockauto and it’s not even close. My glass does not have a channel for the seal to ride in. Instead it’s a D type seal that uses double stick tape. Anyone else have this same type of sunroof/seal?
Have you checked with any reputable sunroof shops? Surely there are a few in the Houston metro....

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you checked with any reputable sunroof shops? Surely there are a few in the Houston metro....
You would think there would be at least one open but the only two I knew of are permanently closed. I’ve got a seal coming but won’t be here until Thursday so I put a tarp over the sunroof opening for now. Hopefully it’ll do the job. Praying for no rain!

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you seen this link?
Yea I saw that which is why I removed my seal before looking at the new one. I talked to one of the parts guys at my old dealership and actually per my VIN the seal is only serviced with the glass. Unreal!!!

• Wow

·
Premium Member
Cool-V '05 300c Blondie
26 Posts
It's OEM... at least my '05 300c is the same "...seal is only serviced with the glass." Thankfully, it's not started leaking yet, but after 17 years... however, any thoughts of preemptive maintenance quickly left when realizing it would be $500+

• Wow

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Makes me wonder if your sunroof is OEM or aftermarket?
Is it shown on the equipt. list for your car?
Yea I thought the same thing but more like it was a dealer installed option as it has a Chrysler and part number on the glass. So I called my former parts dept to check and sure enough it’s a factory unit.

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Reading a leaky sunroof thread on another 300/LX site. Roof antenna was discovered to be the cause in many situations…🤨
Yea checked that too with no luck. It’s definitely something on the drivers side rear as the water is dripping from the frame assem where the slides are. I made sure to reseal where the plastic and aluminum come together. The glass seal is the only other thing I can think of.

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It's OEM... at least my '05 300c is the same "...seal is only serviced with the glass." Thankfully, it's not started leaking yet, but after 17 years... however, any thoughts of preemptive maintenance quickly left when realizing it would be $500+
I did find the seal which is a basic 3/8” tall by 1/4” wide D type seal. It was like $22 for 18’. Now I just need to get all the old residue off the glass frame. Of course it won’t be here until the 17th and it’s been raining like crazy here. I just put a tarp over the sunroof for now and seems to be working.
Office supplies Tool Audio equipment Auto part Cosmetics

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Fender Bumper Rim

Motor vehicle Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire

·
Registered
2020 300s 5.7 Alloy Edition
84 Posts
Many years ago I bought a 1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer Sedan at an estate sale - a remarkable time capsule. One issue that developed was a wet headliner at the passenger side sail panel. Resealed the back glass? Nope. Resealed the windshield? Yep. Leaks can be buggers.

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Many years ago I bought a 1961 Dodge Dart Pioneer Sedan at an estate sale - a remarkable time capsule. One issue that developed was a wet headliner at the passenger side sail panel. Resealed the back glass? Nope. Resealed the windshield? Yep. Leaks can be buggers.
As an advisor I hated vehicle with leaks (water or wind), squeaks and vibrations! People just don’t understand how difficult and time consuming they can be!

·
Premium Member
Cool-V '05 300c Blondie
26 Posts
Glad to see the clip out, and side-arm set aside... it gets awful tempting to blast our beloveds when they're making us so crazy... :devilish: A dear friend gave into temptation, and it didn't work out well for him or the vehicle

• Love

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad to see the clip out, and side-arm set aside... it gets awful tempting to blast our beloveds when they're making us so crazy... :devilish: A dear friend gave into temptation, and it didn't work out well for him or the vehicle
Oooppppssss!! I didn’t mean to post the image of my pistol. I deleted it! I was making a holster for it while I was doing the water test on the track assem. I must have not been paying attention when I selected it.

• Wow

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
You mean that weird gear shift handle?
Uh.......yea that's what it was, a gear shift knob that resembles as SAR CM9!

Anyway, installed the new sunroof seal, realignment and magically NO MORE LEAKS!!!

·
Registered
2006 309C SRT8
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Good one!!! Yea I actually thought about getting the updated version but decided to go with a round carbon fiber knob instead.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts