LX Forums Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GHTOSLD: short for Ghetto-Sled
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stage two jet chip coming today from my distributor, but i have a few quick questions before i put it in.
I have read that the stage two chips require the use of premium gas, but when i was buying my magnum earlier this year, the sales guy was telling me that premium should never be put in these hemi engines, cause it will cause the block to crack. Apparently he says that they were not meant to get much hotter without cracking.
Has anyone heard of this? and does anyone have the stage two chip? Do you run 92+?

also, has anyone done a write up on drop kits, more so, the eibach sportline 2" drop???

Thanks for your help guys
ehattey

·
05 Magnum 6.1L Pro Street
2,052 Posts
i've never heard of a car not being able to accept high octane - it burns cleaner. For a motor that you can supercharge - if that doesn't crack the block (maybe a rod w/ full boost :rock:).

I think the salesguy smoked some sticky icky before work that day.

·
345 Go!
1,160 Posts
I imagine if the higher octane gas was harmful to ANY engine, they would not sell alot of it, much less be able to charge more for it.

I'm siding with the big oil companies on this one and taking their word that the more expensive juice is better for my Maggie.

I too think your stealership guy was on crack at the time those statements were made.

·
Speed on... Hell ain't half full
24,673 Posts
all the higher octane rating means is it's more resistant to detonation... thus it's capable of running in a hotter/higher compression engine. I don't see the harm.

·
Absent From Malaise
4,553 Posts
The Jet Stage II advances the timing on your computer. This advanced timing requires premium fuel. You will do more damage to your hemi by NOT using premium 91 octane fuel.
Also there are much better alternatives for the 5.7L hemi than a Jet product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.